Apply now to work for The College of Staten Island as a Financial Aid Specialist. (1430 hits)
Administers and supervises financial aid programs and operations.
• Reviews contracts, disbursements, tuition and fees; validates student eligibility for various programs
• Administers, monitors and troubleshoots CUNY financial aid systems as well as Federal and NY State systems in order to ensure integrity of student databases and timely and accurate delivery of funds
• Assists CUNY staff, applicants, and students/families with advice on financial aid issues and eligibility
• May review and reconcile student payroll processing
• Represents the Financial Aid function at Admissions events; works with academic departments as well as Bursar, Registrar, Admissions and Computing offices to assure staff understand and implement financial aid processes correctly
• Assists in the development and evaluation of Admissions processes
• Prepares documentation, instructions, and materials in various media to support financial aid activities
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Financial Aid Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Financial Aid Director, the Financial Aid Specialist is responsible for the following:
• Assists with the implementation and management of CUNYFirst (Oracle PeopleSoft) as related to the Financial Aid Department.
• Works in conjunction with the CSI Office of Information Technology and other technical staff to maintain systems, facilitate upgrades, and act as the liaison between the end-user and technical support group.
• Works closely with the Enrollment Division Offices as well as other departmental operations to administer the offices' processes.
• Liaison regarding data exchange of in house systems and CUNYFirst; compiles data, audits records, and generates reports as they pertain to Financial Aid.