New Career Opportunity: Instructor/Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Disorders (3407 hits)
Western Kentucky University, Department of Communication Disorders, is seeking applicants for a tenure-track eligible Assistant Professor position. Candidates with the masterís degree would be eligible for appointment as an instructor and be required to complete the terminal degree within six semesters of the hire date (August 15, 2014).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are customary for this position, but are not to be construed as all-inclusive. Duties may be added, deleted and assigned based on management discretion and institutional needs.
- Policy writing and development
- Obtains clinical agency contracts and ensures compliance with clinical agency requirements
- Arranges clinical placement of graduate students
- Serves as a liaison between the CD program and clinical education sites and supervisors
- Maintains database of pertinent files
- Coordinates on-campus graduate clinical activities
- Consults with faculty about clinical course requirements and progress of students
- Advises students about clinical placements, progress and requirements
- Serves as contact person for student placement concerns
- Assist with obtaining and maintaining student and supervisor credentials to ensure compliance with clinical agency requirements
- Reports to clinical, accreditation, or other agencies when requesting file audits