Apply now to become a Web Developer for Assumption College! (2015 hits)
Develop, maintain and support the use of the Assumption College web site in support of the mission of the College.
1. Work in close cooperation with the Public Affairs Office and the Assumption Web Steering Committee to create and maintain institutional pages in accordance with College branding standards.
2. Work with the Assumption Web Steering Committee to develop and manage institutional support for departmental sites including templates, standards, and training.
3. Manage the creation and maintenance of interactive elements of the Assumption web sites in conjunction with the Web Systems Programmer and other members of the Applications group.
4. Evaluate and recommend software applications for use with the Assumption web site.
5. Help develop strategy, policies and training for the use of various social media in conjunction with the Public Affairs Office. Coordinate the implementation of various social media channels in line with College brand guidelines.
6. Provide one-on-one and group training in coordination with the Information Technology training programs.
7. Hire, evaluate, organize and manage IT student staff to assist in supporting Assumption users.
8. Participate with Help Desk staff to respond to and close user calls for assistance with campus web pages.
9. Collaborate with Public Affairs and Web Steering Committee to develop institutional web policies and procedures.
10. Help support the integration of institutional web resources and campus portal systems as they are developed in conjunction with the Applications group.
11. Cooperate with the Network and Server Operations Group to ensure appropriate site security and data management including backup, restoration, and catastrophe recovery procedures.
12. Plan and document all responsibilities and functions of the position
13. Perform other duties as assigned.