New Haven Public Schools is now hiring an Executive Director for New Haven Promise. Apply now! (2109 hits)
About the Position:
Reporting to the Board of Directors-comprised of Richard Levin, President of Yale University; John DeStefano Jr., Mayor of New Haven; William Ginsberg, President and CEO of The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven; and Dr. Dorsey Kendrick, President of Gateway Community College-the Executive Director will provide the vision and leadership to meet the goals of New Haven Promise and advance the organization as a highly respected and effective voice for college success. The Executive Director will manage an initial team of two, potentially growing to three in the near future.
This is an ideal opportunity for a results-oriented, dynamic leader who is passionate about closing the achievement gap and building a successful college matriculation and persistence model for New Haven and potentially, the nation at large.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the New Haven Promise team, New Haven Promise team, New Haven Board members, and New Haven Public Schools to ensure Promise goals are met and programs are successfully executed.
- In collaboration with the New Haven Promise Board, continue to evolve the organization's vision, strategy, and goals.
- Represent the organization externally with a variety of constituents, including parents, students, educators, media, and civic leaders.
- Work with the team to award and administer New Haven Promise Scholarships.
- Manage existing and develop new partnerships with local districts, schools, non-profits, and corporations.
- Continue to build strong relationships within the New Haven community, particularly with parents, students, and community based organizations.
- Coordinate an annual strategic evaluation of the New Haven School Change program, which is a key link between the Promise program and the broader School Change initiative.
- Develop and manage the organization's budget, ensuring alignment with the organization's strategy and goals.
- Manage and develop a team of two, growing to three, and develop a distinct culture of performance and impact.
- Cultivate existing and identify new funders to continue to fuel the organization's growth.