New Career Opportunity for Assistant Professor/Assistant Director, Aviation! Apply ASAP. (4779 hits)
Delaware State University
Assistant Professor/Assistant Director, Aviation
College of Business
General Description of the Job
The College of Business at Delaware State University is seeking a dynamic, experienced aviation professional to become the next Assistant Aviation Director. The Assistant Director will be on a tenured track faculty and will start as an Assistant Professor. The Assistant Director duties will be assigned by the Director of the Aviation Program. Supervised students completing the aviation program receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Aviation Management or Professional Pilot. With affordable lab fees, its own fleet of aircraft and experienced instructors, Delaware State University provides the best collegiate flight education opportunity on the east coast of the United States. Classes are taught in the Bank of America building and at the Delaware River and Bay Authority Airpark flight training facility.
1. Complete all tasks as assigned by the Director.
2. Manage a meaningful flying safety program.
3. Assist with managerial oversight for the aviation programs, staff, ground courses, flight training, airport activity, course scheduling, budget management and teaching.
4. Foster relationships with the FAA, industry partners and community leaders.
5. Promote, market and conduct fund raising for the program.
6. Recruiting and advising students at the direction of the Director.
7. Working to ensure compliance and enhance the level of department accreditation.
8. Reporting to and attend meetings with the Dean of the College of Business and Department of Business Administration Chairperson as required in the absence of the Director.
9. Provide flight instruction to students as schedule permits.