View Your Profile
Edit Your Profile
Jobs & Internships
HBCU Top 50 Employers
HBCU Career Fairs
HBCU Connect Gear
Famous HBCU Alumni
HBCU Campus Queens
Health & Wellness
Link To Us
Chicken and Vegetable Pot Pie
Number of servings: 4 Calories per serving: 457 Preparation time: 30 min Total time: 80 min Ingredients 1 cup flour 1⁄2 tsp salt, divided 3 tbsp corn starch, divided 3 tbsp canola oil 4 tbsp ice water Nonstick cooking spray 1 tbsp olive oil 1R (full story below)
Number of servings: 4
Calories per serving: 457
Preparation time: 30 min
Total time: 80 min
1 cup flour
1⁄2 tsp salt, divided
3 tbsp corn starch, divided
3 tbsp canola oil
4 tbsp ice water
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tbsp olive oil
1⁄2 cup chopped onion
1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup red potatoes, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
1 1⁄2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1⁄2 cup nonfat or 1% milk
2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced
1⁄2 cup frozen petite green peas, thawed
*Nutrition values are estimates. Actual nutrition values may vary depending on specific types and amounts of ingredients used.
Reading the Nutrition Facts Labels
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1⁄4 tsp salt, and 1 tbsp cornstarch. Gradually add the canola oil, mixing with a fork. Add ice water, 1 tbsp at a time, mix and form into a ball.
2. Place ball between 2 large pieces of wax paper. Roll out to 13 inches in diameter. Place dough with wax paper in refrigerator to chill.
3. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add onion and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Add carrots, potatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Combine remaining 2 tbsp cornstarch with the milk and add to skillet. Stir 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.
6. Add 1⁄4 tsp salt, chicken, and peas.
7. Spray 13-inch deep-dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour mixture into pie pan.
8. Add crust on top and tuck in any loose edges.
9. Make slits on top and bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
More Health & Wellness Articles - Sponsored by
5 Common Reasons for Weight Gain
Your Birth Control Plan
Questions to Ask Your Doctor When Choosing a Cancer Treatment
5 Steps to Being the Best Caregiver You Can Be
Follow MerckEngage on Facebook & Twitter!
Click to receive information related to disease, life style management and other important health related issues.
Quick Content Search
Search Health & Wellness Articles:
Enter keywords below to see a list of Health & Wellness related articles on our site and on MerckEngage.com!
Free Healthy Recipe Cookbooks!
Visit MerckEngage.com to download your copy of up to 4 FREE cookbooks with recipes for up to 4 weeks of tasty, healthy meals!
Visit Site >
Health Condition Library
Learn more about common health conditions and how to manage them.
Visit Site >
Health Insurance & You
An interactive resource with health insurance facts and tips that should really help you out!
Visit Site >
Share Health & Wellness Content!
Got info to share with the community? Post Health and Wellness content here!
Health Updates & Alerts
Health & Wellness Updates:
Enter your email address to receive notifications when we post new content on our health & wellness channel!
Create an Ad
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!
Have a Question? Call Us Direct @ 877.864.4446
Also Visit our Partners:
Jobs & Career Center
Forums & Message Boards