Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
BooK Club: Chapter II (The Casting Call) Posted on 06-02-2004
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL

So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 10 12345678910  >  Last
The Big Girl Sweetz replied on 06-02-2004 09:03PM [Reply]
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL wrote:
So here's the deal, I see that there are quite a few of you on here that are interested in reading and more so most of us have read a few of the same booKs. Alright, My question is.... IF they were to maKe a movie out of these booKs, WHO would you cast as the role of specific characters and why? What maKe them fit that part? Or who did you picture them being while you was reading the booK? Everyonce in a while I'll come bacK and throw in a New BooK Title but for now.... First booK (Since it's so popular) :arrow: The Coldest Winter Ever
off topic...but i heard through the grape vine that they are trying to make it into a movie... as far as somebody playing Winter?? hmmm hard ass decision...Meagan Good may be able to pull it off a lil bit...but she needs to better her craft...she's not all that great...but i can't think of hardly anyone....
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-02-2004 09:33PM [Reply]
Yeah I heard they were considering this booK to be made into a film as well, but the people they had (That I heard) casted didn't really fit the part in my head. But For WINTER Santiago I got down that girl :arrow: Bianca *She was in Save the Last Dance, something about her just screams Winter. I also see :arrow: Miaya Cambell *In the House* She could hold it down well too :arrow: Megan Good For SANTIAGO :arrow: Method Man :arrow: Jerry Wright *The badguy from SHAFT :arrow: Lawrence Fishburn
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-02-2004 10:11PM [Reply]
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL wrote:
Yeah I heard they were considering this booK to be made into a film as well, but the people they had (That I heard) casted didn't really fit the part in my head. But For WINTER Santiago I got down that girl :arrow: Bianca *She was in Save the Last Dance, something about her just screams Winter. I also see :arrow: Miaya Cambell *In the House* She could hold it down well too :arrow: Megan Good For SANTIAGO :arrow: Method Man :arrow: Jerry Wright *The badguy from SHAFT :arrow: Lawrence Fishburn
Ooooh, I like this topic and LOVE this book. Good job Red. Anyways, I could definitely see that Biana chick playing Winter she got that attitude and street sassiness about her... As for Santiaga...outta the three you had, I ould choose Method....but thats a hard decision, and Im not sure who could play him...Gotta think hard on that one. I gotta question tho..who could yall see playing MIDNIGHT???
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-02-2004 10:14PM [Reply]
Oh yeah Sweetie, where did you har that hey were making this book into a film??? That would be hot..so if thats the truth and not a rumor, Im looking forward to it... OH YEA and BTW...Im moving this thread to the new Book Club forum... :arrow:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 06-02-2004 10:23PM [Reply]

haven't read this just yet....gotta do that a.s.a.p...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 06-02-2004 10:43PM [Reply]
ReDD HarLeM DeViLL wrote:
Yeah I heard they were considering this booK to be made into a film as well, but the people they had (That I heard) casted didn't really fit the part in my head. But For WINTER Santiago I got down that girl :arrow: Bianca *She was in Save the Last Dance, something about her just screams Winter. I also see :arrow: Miaya Cambell *In the House* She could hold it down well too :arrow: Megan Good For SANTIAGO :arrow: Method Man :arrow: Jerry Wright *The badguy from SHAFT :arrow: Lawrence Fishburn
I heard on the BET site that they are considering Mekhi Pfeifer to play Midnight and I think that is a pretty good choice, I don't like him as a person but I think he could play the part well. Bianca Lawson and Megan Good are good choices for Winter I think Tamala Jones would be good as her mother Santiago could be Harry J. Lennix I forget the guys name but the rap star could be Michael Ealy
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 06-02-2004 11:03PM [Reply]
TSUlady wrote:
I heard on the BET site that they are considering Mekhi Pfeifer to play Midnight and I think that is a pretty good choice, I don't like him as a person but I think he could play the part well. Bianca Lawson and Megan Good are good choices for Winter I think Tamala Jones would be good as her mother Santiago could be Harry J. Lennix I forget the guys name but the rap star could be Michael Ealy
TRUE...im feelin that line up...Mekhi Pheiffer playing Midnight is a good choice, and I could definitely also see Tamala Jones as the mother..lol...and I could also see Michaely Ealy playing the rapper...I cant think of the rappers name either. I would look in my book, but I left it down in storge in Florida... I just found this when I did a search about a movie coming out on this book.... The Coldest Winter Ever -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jada Pinkett and Sista Souljah, will be doing an adaptation to the movie via HBO or Showtime. If you all have read the book it's fantastic. It's about a young woman name Winter Santiago who's father is a drug kingpin in the neighborhood. She's use to having the lavish life, but all things come to an end and she has to learn to adapt to real life, things come her way that is unexpected but she learns to deal in her own way. From what I've learned is that the movie will be somewhat like HBO's "The Corner" which was about a Baltilmore family struggling with drug addiction and overcoming. It'll be a mini series from what I know. The roles for the movies have yet to be filled, but their has been several screen tests for the roles in the movie. Sources revealed that Morris Chestnut, Don Cheadle, Mos Def, Tyrese, Taral Hicks. Monica Calhoun, Vivica Fox and Omar Epps have been contacted for the title characters but nothing has been confirmed yet.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AggieSweetie07 replied on 06-02-2004 11:27PM [Reply]
MaMa_J wrote:
TSUlady wrote:
I heard on the BET site that they are considering Mekhi Pfeifer to play Midnight and I think that is a pretty good choice, I don't like him as a person but I think he could play the part well. Bianca Lawson and Megan Good are good choices for Winter I think Tamala Jones would be good as her mother Santiago could be Harry J. Lennix I forget the guys name but the rap star could be Michael Ealy
TRUE...im feelin that line up...Mekhi Pheiffer playing Midnight is a good choice, and I could definitely also see Tamala Jones as the mother..lol...and I could also see Michaely Ealy playing the rapper...I cant think of the rappers name either. I would look in my book, but I left it down in storge in Florida... I just found this when I did a search about a movie coming out on this book.... The Coldest Winter Ever -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jada Pinkett and Sista Souljah, will be doing an adaptation to the movie via HBO or Showtime. If you all have read the book it's fantastic. It's about a young woman name Winter Santiago who's father is a drug kingpin in the neighborhood. She's use to having the lavish life, but all things come to an end and she has to learn to adapt to real life, things come her way that is unexpected but she learns to deal in her own way. From what I've learned is that the movie will be somewhat like HBO's "The Corner" which was about a Baltilmore family struggling with drug addiction and overcoming. It'll be a mini series from what I know. The roles for the movies have yet to be filled, but their has been several screen tests for the roles in the movie. Sources revealed that Morris Chestnut, Don Cheadle, Mos Def, Tyrese, Taral Hicks. Monica Calhoun, Vivica Fox and Omar Epps have been contacted for the title characters but nothing has been confirmed yet.
interesting... :arrow:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-02-2004 11:42PM [Reply]
For the "Rap Star" I was seeing :arrow: Montell Jordan as for MIDNIGHT I saw :arrow: Mos Def :arrow: MeKhi Phiefer :arrow: Busta Rhymes
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 10 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > HBCU Book Club
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!