Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Road Trip To Howard Posted on 10-22-2007
evy08

So me and my mom are driving up to D.C. Thursday night to go and visit good ol' HOWARD!!! Friday will consist of various tours on campus, then I'll talk to some folks in the biology department, probably chat with the band director since I have no clue as to who is over the dancers I want to really take in as much as I can while I'm up there for the weekend. When my mom told me we were going this week I was like----> Anyone who is currently on campus, or not, have any suggestions about certain areas on campus that I should venture to during my "HU Experience"??? PM me, email me, something me!!!! TANKIES
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
deedeja from wilmington, DE replied on 10-22-2007 09:46PM [Reply]

aww im excited for you i've visted howard twice because the 1st time i went i did'nt have a good impression of the school but when the students were there my second visit the campus was soo much better
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 10-23-2007 07:38AM [Reply]
Bring me back a t-shirt...I need a new rag to wash my truck with!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
theTRUTH replied on 10-23-2007 10:06AM [Reply]
evy08 wrote:
So me and my mom are driving up to D.C. Thursday night to go and visit good ol' HOWARD!!! Friday will consist of various tours on campus, then I'll talk to some folks in the biology department, probably chat with the band director since I have no clue as to who is over the dancers I want to really take in as much as I can while I'm up there for the weekend. When my mom told me we were going this week I was like----> Anyone who is currently on campus, or not, have any suggestions about certain areas on campus that I should venture to during my "HU Experience"??? PM me, email me, something me!!!! TANKIES
Now you KNOW I'm gonna tell you all the spots! First and foremost, you must tour your perspective department. See the buildings, classrooms and talk to folks about the Biology course requirements and other things. Also, go to the Valley....that is where the science buildings are. They include the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Pharmacy buildings. School is important so make sure you do that FIRST! If the weather is nice then Friday should be a very good day to go. Walk on the Yard because folks should be out and the Greeks might be stepping. Go to Blackburn Center and get some food at the Punch Out (the lunch time hang out between 12-3pm) and after that, head on over to the Fine Arts Building to speak with Mr. John Newson, Director of Bands. His number is 202-806-5241. Try to catch up with him early because he tends to leave campus for the day sometime around 3 or 4pm. If you have time, walk down Georgia Avenue to the Bookstore and get a Howard T-shirt and maybe grab some Starbucks while you are there. Try to see the Health-Science Library and the iLab....also go inside Founders Library--its very historic and houses the Moorland-Spingarn research center. If you have any questions, just let me know!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
theTRUTH replied on 10-23-2007 10:07AM [Reply]
C_Nels wrote:
Bring me back a t-shirt...I need a new rag to wash my truck with!
Hater
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
evy08 replied on 10-23-2007 08:17PM [Reply]
@ Nels for being such a loser and to TRUTH for being the official go to HU man!! Thanks for the info (as always) TRUTH. I hope my mother doesn't ask a plethora[<---I'm working on my vocabulary ]of questions, so that we can see as much as humanly possible in one day. We might roll back through on Saturday to just walk around the campus....that is, if we get all of our shopping done first lol I don't think I can fully express how excited I am to just set foot on campus. Only two more days til I arrive at the MECCA!!! YAY!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
chelsey_nicole replied on 10-24-2007 12:40AM [Reply]
I hope you have fun! Im probably going to visit in january depending on the parents! Tell me how it went when you get back!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
theTRUTH replied on 10-24-2007 02:08PM [Reply]
evy08 wrote:
@ Nels for being such a loser and to TRUTH for being the official go to HU man!! Thanks for the info (as always) TRUTH. I hope my mother doesn't ask a plethora[<---I'm working on my vocabulary ]of questions, so that we can see as much as humanly possible in one day. We might roll back through on Saturday to just walk around the campus....that is, if we get all of our shopping done first lol I don't think I can fully express how excited I am to just set foot on campus. Only two more days til I arrive at the MECCA!!! YAY!
Make sure you go shopping in Georgetown and at Pentagon City. Also, hit up my favorite spot, Urban Outfitters, in Chinatown! Have fun!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
theTRUTH replied on 10-24-2007 02:09PM [Reply]
chelsey_nicole wrote:
I hope you have fun! Im probably going to visit in january depending on the parents! Tell me how it went when you get back!
It will be very cold in January in Washington, DC....but Im sure you'll have fun anyway. There is a university wide open house in March 2008 if you are willing to wait that long...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
evy08 replied on 10-24-2007 06:09PM [Reply]
theTRUTH wrote:
It will be very cold in January in Washington, DC....but Im sure you'll have fun anyway. There is a university wide open house in March 2008 if you are willing to wait that long...
WHAT?! I called up there the other day about a future date for Open House, and the lady on the phone acted like I'd asked when Jesus was coming back. Basically, she flat out told me that HU wasn't having another open house til the end of next year.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!