Several states are considering drafting legislation to legally recognize homosexual marriage, and afford rights to gay couples as are extended to married heterosexual couples (for example tax credits, rights to each other's property etc). Do you support or oppose this, and why? Just wanted to hear everyone's opinion. Holla!
gay marriages is nasty, i cant stand fagssss :evil: :evil:
Thats an ignorant POV.....Sad man, the word Faggot is so cruel, but let a white man call u a ni99er, you'll be ready to fight......U cant stand fags , but you attend Morehouse...but im not gonna go there. But i think that is wrong yo...Until u walk in the shoes of a homosexual, bisexual or what have you, you will never know the struggle....
i would get mad if a white man called me a Ni99er, but i can't choose my colors. Faggots chose to be gay. Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve, God doesn't make mistakes.
1) The word "Homosexual" was never used until very recently, did not exist until the 1800s
2) The terms translated as such do not mean "homosexual" in the NT.
3) The word does not appear at all in the OT.
4) Leviticus' injunction to not "Lie with a man as you would with a woman." I do not know any gay man who does. Think about it.
5) Lesbians are def.not even mentioned in the OT.
6) The whole Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve is just silly. If you seriously think the entire human race came from two people. The two creation stories in Genesis are allegorical.
7) The King James Bible, the one so many seem to think is the "it" was commisioned by a big ol' flamer-King James himself-in the 1600's. Even so, the word homosexual was not there. It was used at a alter date and inserted because someone must have decided that that was the correct word. The term used in the Greek DOES mean male temple prostitute. I have never found any other source that says differently.
8) Yes, G-d says to be fruitful and multiply. But this cannot be a basis for legal civil marriage. Why? Then the following groups would not be able to marry either:
a) women over 45-50
b) men or women who are infertile
c) any woman who had to have a hysterectomy
d) couples in their 70s and above for sure
e) men or women who had cancer and it damaged their reproductive organs
f) people who have diseases that even though they COULD get prego, choose not to for their own health or the possible health of the future child
g) people who have no intention of having children
Honestly. Marriage is NOT just about sex, or about having children. It is about having a special love/connection with another human being in a way that makes your life on earth complete. This special love/connection-that is what we are talking about-if it was all about sex, who needs to get married? If all I wanted was to F around, I wouldn't care about getting married... "No man is an island" I htink a lot of y'all think we should exist like that though. Noone is aksing you to live on that emotional island alone, I don't see why you would think I have to. Plus, being gay is not about just making a choice, or choosing to act on one's feelings etc...that would mean I was gay only on the days I had sex?? I mean, is that logical? Are y'all straight people then not straight on the days you don't have sex??? I am as gay today as I would be any other day, even if I never had sex for the rest of my life... A person technically could choose to not sleep with members of the same sex ever, they could choose to marry the opposite sex. But imagine your own life "choosing" to never have sex again or "choosing" to never have that special love in your life...
seems like a choice between emotional life and emotional death. That is the only choice there is. If you can call that a choice. To say one group of people should have to live like that is not only short-sighted and hurtful, it is just plain mean.
BTW, I have been through enoughin my own life, and have seen the pain and struggle of enough other gay people to know that being gay isnot a chice someone makes. Whether it is genetic, in born,shaped by early childhoos, etc...I have no idea, I don't even care anymore...because its doesn't matter. I am who I am. I got here because G-d allowed me to be here. G-d knows me,knows all, knows my pain, my struggle, He knows who I am. I do not think that my G-d would choose to bring me into this world to never feel love, or to spend my entire life pretending to be something I'm not, or to spend my entire life in pain. And, seriously, my relationship to G-d is my business. Because you may not agree with me...that doesn't automatically make you "right" and me "wrong." maybe what is right for you is not right for me, and maybe G-d knows better than you do the soul and heart of his children. And it really has no bearing on this argument anyway.
9) BTW, gay people do have children. There are millions of children who have gay parents.
10) We don't WANT to get married in your church, hon...no one is aruguing that. Are Jews/African-Americans/any minority group mad they can't join the KKK? We don't want to be members of places that hate us, so don't worry about that. There are plenty of churches and synagogues who don't hate us. The argument is about civil-legal-govt sanctioned marriage
11) If I can't have the rights etc of marriage, why do I have to pay taxes like anyone else? Why do I get to have my tax dollars subsidize straight marriage?
12) It says "In G-d we Trust"...It does NOT say "You have to trust in the G-d I believe in and follow MY interpretation of certain scriptures whether you believe in, follow, or interpret these scriptures the same way I do..."
What is meant by separation of church and state is NOT that anyone sannctions g-dlessness...it is that no one religion,no one interpretation of the Bible, and no one person should be able to dictate government policy. In this case a certian religion (or interpretation thereof) is trying to decide who is treated in one way and who is treated another. That is not right. People used to use the Bible to deny blacks rights also...and to say that slavery is ok...
13) About the idea that the "people" should decide if gay marriage should be legal....why? So, if the majority think discriminating against one group of people is ok, then that means its ok? If we had waited for the "majority" to approve of abolishing slavery, desegregating, allowing blacks and whites to marry, etc...who knows how long it would have gone on...I bet there are counties and cicties out there full of people who still would be legally discriminating if they could...
14) NO ONE is advocating that anyone's religion needs to change, or accept ous r anything, this is about rights afforded to people by the government-the same one that I pay into, the same one that my partner pays into, the same one that millions of gay people pay into. If we are paying into a legal/governmental system, we deserve the same treatment. This is not about your church...or anyones...it is a separate issue.
15) The "that's just nasty/disgusting" argument. Get real. You advocate legislating discrimination based on whether you think soemthing is nasty or disgusting? I actually DO think heterosexual sex is gross, but it doesn't give me the right to suggest that it be against the law or that it means that I should be able to dictate anything to straight people about that. In fact, though I just think of the "straight sex act" and it just is yucky to me, on the other hand I realize that straight people fall in love, want to share that with eachother..and form that angle it seems less gross.
This whole gay marriage thing is crazy. It is like on one hand, because I am a Christian, I can not agree with gay marriages. I mean, it is wrong and the Bible says so. But...if u wanna look at it as far as constitutionaly right and all that, they should be able to marry. And since there is a seperation between church and state, I guess lawfully they should be. But the thought disgusts me of gay people being able to legally marry honestly. And the thought of a child growing up in a gay household is horrible to me. Just my opinion. Hollaz yall
_______________________________ email@example.comWhen it rain it pours, thunder and lightning
These cowards is trifling
They got me, watching for high jackers
Watching for terrorism, bet I ain't playin with 'em
The nine get 'em
It's horror when you don't know if you gone ever see tomorrow
Or your partner, maybe a loved one, maybe your auntie
Think you gone take from me, well then it's on g
Jesus is coming back, soon as he lay attack
I bust my rifle, I'll wave my bible
Crankin' my army up because we know what' up
They hit pentagon and now it's Babylon
Bless America "Bless America" - Pastor Troy
^^^a gay household does not equal a bad household... save ur disgust for fathers who rape their daughters, abusive parents, parents who dont take car of their children and a whole bunch of other shit I can attribute to heterosexual parenting :roll:
_______________________________ Bow down when you see me
Because I'm comin up fresh.
Ride wit' the realist ya feel me?
So you should call me the best.
Ok.....I have heard several people take opposing sides on this argument. This is something that cannot be argued without some sort of biased opinion already in mind. However, the fact remains that homosexuality is very immoral. If anyone is doing it, that's their business. It is not our job to badger that person because of their sexual preference. I must say I agree with Slim when he made mention of fathers who rape their daughters and parents who do not take care of their children, that true. Even though those things may happen to the children in those homes, they do not grow up thinking its right as oppose to a child who is brought up in a same sex home. If this is what they are exposed to, then they will naturally think that it is right and this is the way they should grow up and live their life. We have no right to tell anyone how to live their life, but as a people we should try and point them in the right direction. As I previously stated, two people of the same sex cannot produce life so therefore their relationship is fruitless.
I also read a while back that someone was upset about the fact that our glorious leader, President Bush (Yes, I am Republican) is pushing for an amendment. I, along with other Americans feel that it is necessary since people do not believe that marriage should be between a MAN and a WOMAN! If a man and man desires to be together, then so be it. They DO NOT have to be married! They can continue to be together as they are and still enjoy the same benefits.
I am not judging those who are gay and those who are responding in favor of gay marriage, but I ask you to question the veracity of your relationship with God if you would support such wickedness. No man can serve two masters, either you will love one and hate the other. So you CANNOT serve God and be gay at the same time. For a double minded man is UNSTABLE in ALL his ways! If America continues on the same path that is currently on, we will fall just as the Roman Empire fell! I think it's time for US to take a stand against the entire perverseness that is taking hold in our country before it is too late.
Before I leave, I am making it known. I have gay friends, I pray for them and try and talk about them. Eventually they will come around this just a phase they are going through. I know that God will bring them out of it as well as anyone else who is battling this evil spirit. I LOVE ALL YALL REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTAION IS.
Be Blessed in His Name
Morehouse College, Fall 2004
_______________________________ Milton Bell, President
Student Government Association
Yours is the most hateful, ignorant and biased post yet.
My relationship with G-d, or lack thereof, is none of your business, and you have NO right to judge and try to shove your hateful interpretation of scripture donw my throat.
It is your CHOICE to choose to believe and interpret in the way that you do. I also have the same choice.
I am gay, I have three kids. I'd like to see you try to use them as an example of moral depravity. You'd be hard pressed to find better kids ever! Your statements are not just an attack on me, you attack my children...and I won't stand for that!
I am in no way judging you at all, if you would have read my post you would have seen that I said I AM NOT JUDING ANYONE and for the most part, I have gay friends. I am in NO WAY trying to shove the scriptures down your throat, but aye, if you are cut by it, then so be it.
I never questioned YOUR relationship with God; I said you should question it. Because, YOU CANNOT BE GAY and serve God bruh, Matthews 6:24 read it! NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS! If you believe in God and by doing that, you acknowledge that He is PERFECT in ALL His ways. So by doing that, you can accept the fact that God did not make you gay and it is a choice that you made. But is never too late for God will NEVER leave you nor forsake you.
I am in no way trying to cause any disenchantment, but I am just coming to you straight up. Man to Man! I am coming with the word and how I feel on this matter You cannot come at me with the Word or where it says it is okay to be sexual immoral! Until you can furnish such proof in the scriptures I won't accept the fact that a person is gay and claims to have a relationship with God. And please, do not mistake going to church as having a relationship with God, because there is more then that.
Please do not bring your children into this, because I am not attacking their character. And as far as they are concerned, you do not know what they are thinking. Children have VERY impressionable minds, so therefore you will never know until they come of age. My friend's mom is a lesbian and it has taken a heavy toll on her. So you should be careful what you do around your children, IF your re trying to set a Godly example for them.....Again, to you and ANYONE else who reads this. I am not attacking gays, and lesbians. I am just coming @ you with the Word of God. Not trying to sound condescending, but if you feel convicted by what I am saying, then you should do something about it. Just think about.....When God created man, he saw fit for him to have a help mate and it was a WOMAN! Not a man! WHEN A MAN FINDETH A WOMAN HE FINDETH A GOOD THING! It's all throughout the scriptures, but it will up to you to want to take heed to what I am saying.
Be Blessed in His Name,
Morehouse College, Fall 2004
_______________________________ Milton Bell, President
Student Government Association