Ok I have come to realize that us greeks tend to get stressed out over some of the things that prospects may do or say…simply because they do not know proper protocol. So this thread is for all the greeks to list things that ALL ASPERANTS SHOULD KNOW in terms of proper behavior. (Lets try to keep it simple)
I will begin:
1) Do not go to an interest meeting for more than one org…do your research until you know which one is best for you.
2) If you only want to be greek for the following reasons…then this isn’t for you:
A.Want to join because you like to step
B.Want to get more girls/guys
C.Want to become popular/accepted
3) Do not wear and org’s colors to an interest meeting
4) Do not throw up greek hand signs or do the calls
5) Do not go around telling people what org you are a prospect of.
6) Stay away from the words “ I’m gonna be a ________” or “I’m a future________”
7) Do not cut through party walks or brake lines.
'Tis all for now…
now hold up now
with a mouth like that
disrespecting women like that
you need to pledge
omega psi phi
you'll be RIGHT at home
Hmmm. The Que's I've met are some of the most intelligent & respectful men I know...True story. That is such a stereotype that they are known for disrespecting women. But from reading ur previous post I can see that you are just looking for an argument...AWWW Well I had to get my post up.
_______________________________ P-I-C-C-O-L-O Everybody wanna be a piccolo. PICCOLOOOOOOOOOOOO!
1. the internet is a good source of info. whether stated or unstated
2. AKAtude, you better than me cuz I just might have used my special powers to come thru the comp at him
3. before all the GDI's start posting stuff here. Go to Greek Peeps first. *slaps forhead* Ey-yi-yi...
_______________________________ "Charm is decpetive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is exalted."
At my school, at the Greek forum you are required to specify ONE and only one group that you are interested in. However, the forum was early this September...and so I had not completed my research, really didn't start, and I wasn't sure. But I had to circle something. So I did. I guess what I'm really saying is, what is the proper prospect protocol as far as something like that goes? And what if I decide to do something other than what I circled -- am I doomed, or should I (discreetly) talk to someone when that point comes?
I cant believe that they would actually make yall attach your name and circle an org that you want to be a part of. If that was me at that point I would have simply wrote that I was unsure at the moment. Honestly, I believe that one should not attach their face or name to an org if they do not know which they want to peruse interest in. Basically You shouldn't go to any specific org meeting unless you are positive and that you have done ALL of your research. Being that this situation is of the past...I don't want to say that you are "doomed" but as a Greek I can tell you that if that was my chapter I WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT YOU! (and not in a good way). BUT the least that you can do...if asked, is to explain the situation. Its already spilled milk...no use crying over it.
Secondly, in NO way should you peruse the org u wrote down just for that reason! That is not what the D9 is about! Chose your prospective Org wisely! If that isn't the org that you want to join then Pursue the one that you feel is the best for YOU...
after all this is a LIFE LONGGGGGGGGGG COMMITMENT! (think about it)
_______________________________ If I said everything on my mind, could you handle it?