Accounting/Auditing, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
Business/Administrative Associate (6749)
The Business Administrative/Associate is responsible for Facilities Management business operations along with those of University Transportation Services. Varied responsibilities of this position include:
- Work Management: Supervise the processing of approximately 10,000 Facilities Management work orders annually.
- Budget Management: Oversee eleven (11) Facilities Management budgets totaling $32 million annually and budgets for Vice Chancellor for Administration projects totaling $9 million annually.
- Payroll: Manage the payroll for 165 bi-weekly and 25 semi-monthly paid employees.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R): Process 9,400 invoices per year totaling $11.4M.
- Accounts Payable (A/P): Process 270 purchase orders (POs) totaling approximately $8.6 million and provide oversight for 35 department p-cards used to purchase approximately $1.5 million of goods and services completed in roughly 9,100 transactions per year.
- Utilities: Process 130 utility bills each month. Generate 114 internal bills per month to SIUE customers/departments. Manage data collection for 210 university owned meters.
- Transportation Services: Oversee a University vehicle fleet of 200 vehicles.
- Work Processes: Monitor and modify work processes to improve Facilities Management back office operations.
- Staff: Supervise departmental staff. Fill in for direct reports as needed.
Further duties and responsibilities may be assigned in support of the departmentís mission and goals.
This position is a current civil service vacancy at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and will close to applicants at close of business, 4:30 pm CST, on the posting end date.
Applicants must submit a Civil Service application (required), a detailed resume, and unofficial transcripts, including those for SIUE, through HireTouch. Your resume should reflect all relevant skills and experience related to the minimum qualifications listed for this position. If qualifying by education, you must submit your transcripts, including those for SIUE, at the time of application. Applicants qualifying for Veteranís preference must submit a copy of form DD214 at the time of application. For additional information, please visit: Eligibility Criteria and Point Allocation and Proof of Eligibility. Please submit any other licenses or certifications related to the position at the time of application.
To apply for a vacancy, click the ďApplyĒ button. This will prompt you to access your existing HireTouch account or create a new account. Instructions for creating a new account are available at: HireTouch Set-Up. Only create a new account if you have NEVER created an account. In your HireTouch account, you will upload all necessary documentation as requested above. After logging in or completing your new profile, you can then complete your application process for individual positions.
For Civil Service positions, Illinois residency is required within 180 calendar days of the start date for the designated position.
Applicants will be subject to a background check and/or drug screening prior to an offer of employment. NOTE: Some positions are represented by a union and may require union dues.
For more information, please visit the Office of Human Resources website at www.siue.edu/humanresources or call Civil Service Testing at 618-650-2190.
Qualifications & Requirements 1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position.
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level.
3. Additional education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
-Department seeking candidates with at least two years of experience managing a Work Management System including work order management, integration with financial accounting, with extensive job costing of various cost elements to multiple sources of funds.
-At least 2 years of experience developing, troubleshooting and maintaining reports with Microsoft Access & Excel software.
-Experience training and supporting users of Work Management Systems.
SIUE is a nationally recognized university that provides students with a high-quality, affordable education that prepares them for successful careers and lives of purpose. Built on the foundation of a broad-based liberal education, and enhanced by hands-on research and real-world experiences, the academic preparation SIUE students receive equips them to thrive in the global marketplace and make our communities better places to live.
SIUE awards degrees in undergraduate and graduate programs encompassing the arts, sciences, nursing, education, health, human behavior, business and engineering. The Schools of Dental Medicine and Pharmacy award first-professional doctoral degrees in dental medicine (DMD) and pharmacy (PharmD).
SIUE is an NCAA Division I member of the Ohio Valley Conference, as well as the Missouri Valley Conference in menís soccer and the Southern Conference in wrestling. The Edwardsville campus is supplemented by campuses in Alton and East St. Louis.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or veteranís status. We encourage applications from women, minorities, protected veterans and people with disabilities.
Please visit our employer showcase!