Manufacturing and Production, Warehousing, Logistics
Fulfillment Center Team Supervisor
Under the direction of the Area Manager, the Team Supervisor - 2nd Shift is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the area with particular emphasis on the management of the operations personnel, the implementation of warehouse action plans, the tracking/recording of hours and employee meetings are conducted.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides direct supervision to operations personnel.
• Ensures the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet standards.
• May provide training and technical assistance in other departments.
• Will handle performance reviews, disciplinary issues, coaching/counseling and overall employee relations.
• Oversees Kronos coding, verifying time and monitoring attendance.
• Will schedule personnel and track staffing requirements.
• Matches the skill and background of personnel to work required.
• Assists in developing a program to train and motivate personnel for increased effectiveness.
May be involved in various projects and cross training in other areas/responsibilities.
Qualifications & Requirements REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree in Management, Business, Transportation, or Operations related curriculum preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of proven front-line management experience in operations for a manufacturing or distribution company.
• Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
• Previous experience utilizing independent decision making.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
• Previous AS400, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Must have the ability to motivate staff and handle a variety of both personnel and technical issues on an ongoing basis.
• Ability to handle and diffuse stressful situations.
• Proven supervisory skills including organizing and prioritizing work, and utilizing sound judgment.
• Excellent overall customer service skills.
Must be able to work 2nd Shift Hours - 4:00pm - 12:30am
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Scholastic is the world’s largest publisher and distributor of children’s books and a leader in educational technology and children’s media. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, including children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film, videos and toys. We distribute our products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school-based book fairs, retail stores, schools, libraries, television networks and scholastic.com.
Please visit our employer showcase!