Information Technology, Executive Management, Web Technology
Manager, Web Content #51207
Manages a team of web professionals dedicated to web content management. Manages direct reports and project teams to define and document site updates, the content management process, compliance handling, and coordinate page build and publishing. Recommends and implements innovative solutions that balance those customer needs with business viability and technical feasibility that provide an exceptional user experience, market differentiation, and efficiency improvements.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Director level or higher. Responsible for 2 or more direct reports. May be responsible for virtual/project teams.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and provides technical direction to project teams and/or product groups. Defines system scope and objectives based on user needs and understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Manages business process analysis and needs assessments, aligning solutions with business goals and initiatives.
Works with content writers, designers, coders, business representatives, and usability staff to define site functionality, organization and navigation solutions, and participates in research efforts to identify user goals and tasks.
2. Recommends innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide market differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experience. Maps out how the site will accommodate change and growth over time.
Assesses the scalability of the content management infrastructure and develops new processes, workflows and standards to resolve complex technical issues.
3. Participates in overall project management, time estimates and resource scheduling . Monitors project team compliance with architecture best practices and principles and resolves issues elevated from project teams.
4. Researches emerging technologies and trends to maintain an in-depth understanding of the web content management industry.
5. Works with web content management staff to develop and document methodologies, standards and best practices.
6. Responsible for associate management including: performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and disciplinary actions.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements Education: Undergraduate studies in business, graphic design, computer science or related technical field is preferred.
Experience: Typically 8 or more years working experience in an internet production environment. Experience working on an enterprise eCommerce system desired. Experience with a content management or web publishing system preferred.
Knowledge: Proven knowledge in HTML across multiple browsers and platforms. Experience with a content management or templating system. Proven knowledge of software programs on PC windows computing platform such as HomeSite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Image Ready, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, MS Project, Visio.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to understand and develop business requirements in regards to Internet and content management. Microsoft office programs. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to prioritize and schedule production requests. Creative problem-solving skills, with the ability to think strategically and act tactically. Ability to analyze and resolve publishing/production issues. Ability to develop and communicate publishing options and alternatives with content writers/producers.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring manager’s leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt)
Working Conditions: Production environment. Occasional travel. Extended and/or non standard hours based on production schedules. Available to work on release nights.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Evaluation Activity: 11/2012 CB, PYC
Additional Job Description
iNHouse, Nationwide Marketing’s internal agency, is looking for an experienced manager to lead the Email Marketing team. This person will be responsible for managing a team of 8 skilled, highly technical team members.
The Email Manager will be responsible for day-to-day leadership activities including team development, demand and capacity management, quality oversight and process improvement/troubleshooting.
The successful candidate should:
• Have experience successfully leading large, technical teams
• Possess a working knowledge of email marketing technology and skills leveraged by the team (HTML and CSS for email, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SQL preferred)
• Be well versed in email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM rules
• Thrive in a fast-paced, high volume environment
• Demonstrate experience building collaboration and understanding across functional teams
• Be passionate about leading and developing team members