Administrative and Support Services, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Legal, Executive Management
NF Operations Manager
Summary: Manages a team's day-to-day operations and administration ensuring that an On Your Side service experience is provided to our internal and external sales partners, firms, third-party administrators, producers, and customers. Responsible for strict adherence to and enforcement of all financial controls as well as legal and regulatory guidelines and regulations set forth by IRS, state insurance and securities departments, FINRA, ERISA, SEC, NF Compliance, and the NF Anti-Money Laundering Steering Committee.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to an Director or AVP. 5-15 associates typically at the D-G levels report to this role.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
Performance (Team) - Manages and provides oversight to team roles and responsibilities. Forward facing; manages performance of customers satisfaction, interaction quality and relationships. Clear focus on managing relationships both internally and externally. Establishes best practices for quality, production standards, relationship management, delivering on customer requests and schedule to adhere to compliance guidelines. Uses quantitative and qualitative metrics to ensure high client satisfaction.
2. Planning (Projects) - participates in, sponsors and/or owns major projects, manages the activities and provides guidance. Assists in identifying and establishing process improvements that enhances delivery of services to customers aligned with industry and regulatory requirements.
3. People (Performance Management) - Drives a culture of coaching and feedback for personal and professional guidance. Develops talent in the organization for succession planning and handles all performance management tasks and related functions for team. Ensures associates are current and knowledgeable of the industry, competition and regulatory environment.
4. Partnerships (Relationship Management) - Drives education of current processes and procedures with internal/external customers. Owns the service relationships, and helps build and strengthen relationships through presentations, and direct contact. May travel to client locations.
5. Customer Service - Monitors work flow to ensure that all functions are completed in a timely manner and meets quality standards. Responds to and resolves escalated service issues and calls from our internal and external sales partners, firms, producers, and customers. Monitors team/client relationships to ensure call teams and client service groups are following On Your Side service expectations.
6. Finance and Regulatory Oversight - Manages the implementation of all enacted state and federal regulations for products and procedures; ensuring Operations (an other impacted) is prepared and informed of audits/regulatory/legistive changes in a timely manner. Partners with appropriate teams or individuals for the coordination of responses to audits (or other regulatory matters), including system partners for data requests. Manages staff responsible for drafting regulatory agency reports and findings and works closely with the office of Corporate Compliance to resolve any issues.
7. Continuous/Change Management - manages the staff that takes audit recommendations and calibration sessions through the continuous improvement model. Identify key opportunities for processes and procedures to be enhanced and aligned to ensure consistency and adherence to regulatory requirements. Utilize findings to identify key process and/or technology needs within the Operation Center. May partner with the Business Transformation Office as well as other experts across the Enterprise on continuous improvement efforts. Applies concepts and usage of continuous improvement tools such as LEAN/6-sigma.
8. Budget - Manages expenses to the established budget and identifies opportunities and implements solutions to streamline process and reduce operating expenses. Participates in annual budget process to ensure adequate staffing and funding for providing OYS levels of service.
9. Licensing & Commissions roles: Manages a staff responsible for conduct producer screening and background investigation reviews to ensure producer candidates are of good character; prepares case files to be reviewed by the Licensing & Appointment Review Committee and communicates with candidates who have been denied appointment with the Nationwide Life Companies and/or Nationwide affiliated Broker Dealers.
10. May provide management and oversight for underwriting staff.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements Education: Undergraduate studies in business administration, management, finance, pre-law or related field and/or technical insurance coursework preferred.
Licenses/Registrations/Designations: FINRA Series 6 and 26 licenses may be required.
Experience: Minimum 7 years financial services experiences in a customer service, quality control or operations environment. Supervisory experience required.
Knowledge: Extensive knowledge of insurance industry concepts including but not limited to: Financial Services products, regulations, and guidelines
Skills/Competencies: Effective team leadership and management skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to present outside Nationwide walls. Relationship building people skills are needed.
Other criteria, including leadership skills, competencies and experiences may take precedence.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the hiring managerís leader and HR Business Partner.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Not eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal Office Conditions. May require infrequent travel.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.