Regional Talent Manager, San Mateo
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company (through ImagineK12).
The Talent Manager will contribute to the growth of Swing Education marketplace by building a quality pool of satisfied and motivated substitute teachers for a territory. This will include rapidly growing our presence in existing regions and new markets. They will innovate on current strategies to effectively and efficiently scale our conversion, onboarding, activation and retention of substitute teachers. The Talent Manager will serve as the Talent Team representative on the regional team, leading strategy for how to creatively grow the substitute pool.
An ideal candidate is data-driven, relationship-oriented, a fast learner, detail-oriented, inventive and proactive.To succeed in this role, you should be adaptive and able to work in a dynamic, highly interactive and innovative environment. You also uphold and live out Swing’s core values of collaboration, transparency, continuous learning, and commitment to diversity & inclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Innovate on current onboarding process to increase conversion and activation rates while reducing customer acquisition costs
- Experiment with new strategies to optimize engagement and retention of subs - including articulating experiment goals, success criteria and other potential impacts
- Utilize data on onboarding speed, activation rates, and engagement to inform product development and regional strategy
- Establish regional processes and infrastructure to start new markets including resources to navigate background checks and state substitute requirements
- Collaborate with regional team members, including sales and General Managers, to ensure positive customer service experience for subs and schools
- Identify potential regional partnerships to increase the number of quality leads and resources for onboarded substitutes at scale
- Expand regional candidate pipeline through career fairs, conferences, and recruiting sessions
- Offer a quality onboarding experience with a high level of customer service
- Coordinate regional events promoting sub happiness and development
- Maintain quality of substitute pool by monitoring sub feedback process and sharing school’s feedback with subs to improve performance
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- 401k match
- $1k/year for professional development
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
To apply: https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/swingeducationcom/view/P_AAAAAADAAGuO__PS97JFNF?trackingTag=hbcu
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
Qualifications & Requirements Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, and 3-5 years of work experience
- 2+ years’ experience in teaching and/or recruiting preferred
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in engaging diverse pipelines of talent and working with diverse teams.
- Outstanding time management skills, able to understand and prioritize different activities, multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
- Proven ability to think analytically to solve complex problems
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion