Job Title: Business Regional Campus Director and Faculty (F700)
Victorville, CA United States
Education and Library
Business Regional Campus Director and Faculty (F700)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Business Regional Campus Director and Assistant/Associate/Full Professor (F700)
School/College: School of Business and Management
Department: School of Business and Management/ Graduate & Professional Studies
Location: High Desert Regional Campus
The School of Business and Management (SBM) advances the mission of Azusa Pacific University by cultivating professional programs of excellence in business and economics; fostering a culture of scholarship among faculty and students; and preparing students to transform how business works. It houses 13 undergraduate majors and minors and three graduate degree programs (MBA, MBM, MAcc) with a combined enrollment of around 1400 students on the main campus and at several regional campuses throughout Southern California. The school is professionally accredited by the IACBE and is seeking accreditation with AACSB International.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
The School of Business and Management invites applications for a position as Regional Campus Program Director for the High Desert Regional Campus, located in Victorville, CA. The Director works collaboratively with the School of Business and Management leadership team and oversees development and implementation of undergraduate and graduate business programs at the High Desert Regional Campus. This position involves participation in program assessment and instruction in undergraduate and graduate courses in business, along with maintaining an active research program and scholarly activities.
Specialization: Management, marketing, or finance.
* Facilitate connections with the business community, governments, and nonprofit organizations within the regional campus catchment area
* Promote the business degree programs offered at the campus
* Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate business students
* Participate in the development of new degree programs, certificate programs, and courses at regional campuses
* Coordinate the selection of adjunct instructors at the regional campus and facilitate scheduling of courses
* Proactively impact the enrollment funnel for business students at the regional campus, whether in-person or online students. This may include outreach activities in conjunction with regional campus personnel and enrollment staff, assisting prospective students with the application process, and advising.
* Establish articulation agreements with local community colleges, MOUs with local businesses and organizations, and assist with the admission process for regional campus students
* Teach undergraduate and/or graduate business courses in the area of specialization at the Murrieta regional campus, online, and at other campuses as needed
Curriculum and program development, program review, and accreditation reporting
* Maintain an active research program and scholarly activities consistent with the faculty memberís AACSB qualifications level
* Participate in program, college, and university affairs
* May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Rank open
* Candidates should possess an earned PhD in business or a DBA, preferably from an AACSB-accredited program. ABD with firm a dissertation completion date may be considered for appointment at the Assistant Professor level, as may candidates with exceptional relevant qualifications with a MBA, extensive business experience, and plans to obtain a PhD or DBA.
* Candidates must show evidence of scholarship potential that will meet AACSB scholarship expectations consistent with faculty qualifications.
* Mission fit with the evangelical Christian mission of APU and the transformative mission of SBM are essential qualifications.
Full-time faculty contract, with load to be divided among director duties and teaching duties. Supplemental contract for summer director duties.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship. Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color , national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To review the complete description and to apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
Qualifications & Requirements Please See Job Description