Job Title: Full-time Faculty in Physical Therapy (F696)
Azusa, CA United States
Education and Library
Full-time Faculty in Physical Therapy (F696)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelorís, masterís and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Full-time Faculty
Position Tracking Number: F696
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Physical Therapy
Location: Azusa Campus
The Department of Physical Therapy at Azusa Pacific University invites applications for a faculty position in our Doctor of Physical Therapy program. We are seeking candidates with a strong background in teaching and scholarship with preference for those in the area of primary/cardiopulmonary/acute care.
The successful candidate will teach, design curricula, and carry out research in their area of specialty.
* Teach within their area of expertise, serve on departmental and university committees, and pursue their own research agenda.
* May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Rank and salary are commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
A physical therapist with earned terminal academic doctorate (Ph.D. EdD. DHS, DSc) in physical therapy or a related field of study is required. All candidates without an earned post-professional degree must have an established plan of study for obtaining a degree. Applicants must be eligible for PT licensure in California; a defined research agenda and record of publications; a strong Christian commitment.
* Prior academic or clinical teaching experience and specialization are valued assets as well as an earned post-professional (academic) degree.
* 3-5 years of higher education teaching experience preferred;
* 3-5 years of clinical experience as Physical Therapist in area of specialty preferred
Hire Date: Open until filled.
* Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
* Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
* Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
* Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.