Position: OppNet Partnerships Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Partnerships and Institutional Learning
Status: Full-time Exempt
Start Date: Fall 2019
The Opportunity Network (OppNet) seeks a high-performing, mission-oriented individual to join its collaborative OppNet Partnerships team. OppNet’s Career Fluency® Partnerships program is at the leading edge of the college and career readiness field, providing capacity-building training for institutions committed to supporting their students’ college success and career development. This position offers an exciting opportunity to train and support the continued professional development of frontline staff at partner institutions to improve their practice and bring OppNet’s best-inclass Career Fluency® curriculum and program experience to thousands of students. Current Career Fluency® Partners include the New York City Department of Education, the “I Have a Dream” Foundation, College Track – Northern California, and Henry Street Settlement.
The Partnerships Manager will report to the Senior Director of Partnerships and Institutional Learning and will develop and lead trainings, both in-person and virtually, for leadership and frontline staff of partner institutions and coordinate the details and tasks of partnership engagement. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that is expanding an
innovative program model. The Partnerships Manager will enjoy freedom to create and collaborate, and seize a real opportunity to create social change.
Founded in 2003, The Opportunity Network works with students from historically and systematically underrepresented communities in developing their skills, knowledge, and passions to achieve their college and career goals. We honor the identities and embrace the power of each member of our community.
OppNet believes networks of support are essential ingredients for success, so we take an innovative approach in our programming by underscoring the power of personal connections and professional relationships as vital complements to skills, passions, aptitude, and work experience. Our students thrive in college and careers as they master personal, college and career competencies through OppNet’s Career Fluency® programming, including building networks, mobilizing social capital, increasing career awareness, practicing self-care, excelling in internships, and making “best fit” college choices through intensive college counseling.
The ideal candidate will personally connect to the important work we do and value diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) across the organization. The candidate will demonstrate DE&I values by actively participating in all organizational-wide learning sessions and self-reflection as well as working with others to enact changes that contribute to meeting the
organization’s DE&I goals. The candidate should possess outstanding professionalism and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks on time, and a willingness to work on a wide range of assignments.
The Partnerships Manager will have the following responsibilities:
Partner Training and Technical Assistance – 70%
• Design and facilitate comprehensive and interactive trainings, in-person and online, for teachers and frontline staff designated to deliver Career Fluency® curriculum
• Utilize existing project plan to curate a tailored intensive partner training to set goals, align leadership and frontline staff, map existing partner programming, and co-create college and career curriculum scope and sequence
• Manage and strengthen relationships with existing partners by conducting periodic phone, in-person and virtual check-ins
• Analyze and improve current training modules and materials
• Gather and analyze partners’ existing data and program model to analyze pain points, areas for growth and strengths to recommend a strategy for program improvement
• Be well-versed in OppNet’s entire scope of grades 9-16 Career Fluency® curriculum (250+ workshops)
o Collaborate with partners to adapt Career Fluency® curriculum to meet their unique needs
• Train partner schools and organizations to deliver curriculum and utilize outcomes measurement tools
• Conduct site visits to partnership sites to conduct instruction observations and provide on-site technical assistance
as it relates to the curriculum
o Troubleshoot with partner organizations and provide feedback on quality control and student engagement
o Observe frontline staff’s structured interactions with program participants in order to evaluate effectiveness and fidelity
o Conduct debriefs with frontline staff and leadership to give input and feedback based off of observations
Project Management – 30%
• Produce timelines, workflows, and work plans for a select group of partners in your portfolio of partners
• Schedule trainings, meetings, site visits, and check-in calls to ensure partners are on track to accomplish key
agreed upon deliverables
• Work closely with partners to ensure timely execution of programming, data collection and reporting
• Work with partners to manage and resolve issues and keep projects on task
Qualifications & Requirements Qualifications
• U.S. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
• 3 – 6 years of instructional or relevant experience in the college access/success and career development space and/or experience in training design and delivery strongly preferred
• Knowledge of innovative learning methods and training best practices
• Outstanding organizational skills; detail-oriented
• High comfort level working with education professionals and professional executives
• Superb written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter with strong entrepreneurial drive: takes initiative; comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and wearing many hats; can operate self-sufficiently, but also collaboratively as part of a team
• High comfort level in meeting priorities for multiple stakeholders within tight timelines
• Well-versed in data-driven practices
• Ability and willingness to work on some weekday evenings and overnight trips to partner sites located outside of the New York City metropolitan area
• Demonstrated belief in The Opportunity Network’s mission
Commensurate with experience, plus medical benefits, excellent vacation package and great work environment.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, and available start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “OppNet Partnerships Manager 2018” in the subject line