Computers, Software, Information Technology, Installation, Maintenance, and Repair, Quality Control, Research & Development, Energy / Utilities
• Assists in the development, implementation, repair, and maintenance of the site wide instrumentation, control and electrical systems to attain “World Class” performance.
• Performs system start-ups and operational checkouts on systems including configuration, wiring, calibration, grounding and power testing.
• Reloads and reboots PLC to restore faulted equipment after power outages.
• Performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections
• Provides hardware and software application support assistance to maintenance, engineering, and operations.
• Sets up and configures replacement boards and assemblies to fit specific applications
• Specifies, organizes and maintains adequate spare parts and modules for control and instrumentation systems.
• Tunes automatic feedback on closed loops using PID Controllers
• Maintains ''to-do'' lists and system trouble reports and routinely report status
• Participate in the development of project scopes, design of systems, and functional specifications.
• Utilizes technical materials such as equipment manuals, MSDS, safety materials, system drawings, Process and Instrument Diagrams (PID's), schematics, and blue prints to troubleshoot and maintain systems.
• Participates in cross-functional process improvement teams to drive plant performance through improved processes and system performance.
• Participates in the creation and implementation of a training program for the Maintenance Technicians and operations employees around the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of integrated controls and information systems.
• Maintains plant documentation in accordance with management of change procedures.
Qualifications & Requirements
• 4-year degree in an Electrical Engineer preferred.
• Or a proven record of accomplishment achieving positive results and increased engineering & maintenance leadership responsibilities with very strong process controls background required. Experience must include but is not limited to:
- Allen-Bradley Control Logix PLC's, SLC500 including large networks of ControlNet , EtherNetIP, and DeviceNet
- HMI's & SCADA: Panelview Plus, Wonderware
- Servo and Motion Contols – AB Kinetix
- Vision Applications: Cognex,
- Window Server 2016, Hyper-V, Thinmanager
- Instrumentation including temperature, pressure, flow, mass density
Education & Relevant Experience:
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret and troubleshoot electrical/electronic circuits.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Distributed Control Systems and Programmable Logic Control Systems
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, troubleshoot complicated process control systems, apply root cause failure techniques, to anticipate changes, and react to avoid disruptions
• Demonstrated ability to utilize MS-Excel to analyze data and other computer applications such as MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and e-mail
• Capable of interfacing with all levels of the workforce, laterally as well as vertically (exempt and non-exempt), operations, maintenance, planners, management, plant engineering, contractors, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to give clear, concise communications. Provide information, observations, and conclusions that are understood and can be acted upon.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, be self-motivated, and a self-starter with demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision