Job Title: Associate Director of Diversity Recruitment
Knoxville, TN United States
Associate Director of Diversity Recruitment
- The Associate Director of Diversity Recruitment will provide primary leadership, vision, and direction for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions regarding all facets of freshman recruitment in support of achieving institutional enrollment goals for undergraduate students.
- Design and implement comprehensive recruitment strategy for all markets, that utilizes and incorporates data driven decision making, personalized recruitment efforts, and considers broad recruitment efforts including communication strategies, events & tour program, campus and community partnerships, building successful relationships with high school counselors, and identifies new and innovative approaches to recruitment.
- Direct and supervise a recruitment staff including two campus based recruitment staff and a student group of 45 students.
- The Associate Director will assume responsibility for the execution and measurement of all aspects of freshman recruitment, yield efforts, travel and fair coverage aimed to attract and retain an academically talented and diverse student population.
- Promotes cooperation between all areas of Undergraduate Admissions and shares overall management responsibility of daily recruitment operations, short-term and long-term goal obtainment.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with campus and community partners, including collectively establishing ways to positively impact recruitment efforts.
- Read and evaluate applications for admission.
- Serve as a member of Senior Staff, a team under the direction of the Assistant Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Director of Undergraduate Admissions, providing leadership to the entire Office of Undergraduate Admissions, including influencing decision making, broad strategies, utilization of staffing and operational resources and goal obtainment.
Qualifications & Requirements Required Qualifications:
A Bachelorís Degree. 3+ years of experience in higher education or related field (high school counseling, recruitment, sales or marketing). Minimum 1 year supervisory experience. Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, data driven decision making and relationship building required. Strategic planning, territory management, report building and maintenance, and the use of data driven decision making for planning and strategy development.
A Masterís Degree. 5+ years in higher education or related field. 3+ years of supervisory experience.
UT is the stateís flagship research institution, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. Enrolling more than 28,000 students, the campus is located in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains in beautiful East Tennessee. As a land-grant university, UT fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement. The Enrollment Management (EM) division comprises more than 150 full-time staff who serve our students through the following departments and functions: Undergraduate Admissions, International Recruitment, One Stop, Financial Aid and Scholarships, University Registrar, and EM Communications.
EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.