5 Steps to Being You While In College & Beyond (417 hits)
Who am I? Where do I fit in? Who will I become? Should I do what my friends tell me? What are my likes? What are my dislikes? Are all questions that college students have once asked themselves. There are many people today who still ask those questions and more? I am here to tell you that the answer lies within your soul. It requires you to learn who you are, try new things, and never stop believing in yourself.
Here are 5 Tips to Being You!
* Expressing your individuality - You are an unique individual! There is non like you and no one will be able to do what you can do. You have a unique talent that is inside of you! Begin to own your worth and know who you are. This can be done by completing an self-assessment. The greatest way to express yourself is to know yourself first.
* Change your perception of you- I can't! I am not good enough! These negative thoughts keep you from progressing. Begin to speak greatness towards your life. I am great! I am beautiful! I am able to do anything! By changing your mindset about yourself it will increase your momentum and help you become a greater you. Believe me if you maintain negative thoughts about yourself others will think the same thing!
* Learn to love yourself - I know you have told your parents, love ones, or even pets how much you love them. When was the last time you told yourself you love you. It is so easy to forget about loving yourself. But you must remember that you are your first love. Your parents love you and will do anything for you. Your friends love you and your boyfriend/girlfriend may say they love you. But if you don't love you; you will forever not feel loved by any of the above. It just happens that way! Make it a habit to love yourself and be good to you.
* Accept who you are - That is right you have to accept that you are not perfect. Is there something you wish you could change. I encourage you to accept every bit of you! Take a moment to write down your strengths and those areas that you wish to improve on! Yep, write them down and then say, "My strengths, my weaknesses, and flaws make me who I am and I accept that."
* Forgive Yourself- If you don't get it right the first time. That is okay begin to forgive yourself. Forgiveness allows you freedom and the opportunity to move forward in your life. When you continue to hold on to the past, mistakes, or errors you hold yourself back from achieving your best results. Try it! Forgive yourself of any and everything. You are so worth it!
At the end of the day the best thing is being you! Because if you were someone else eventually you would try to change that.