We describe the Analyst position at Sightlines as a challenging, yet rewarding role and we are recruiting for our spring class. The best Analysts excel in an environment where they are challenged to learn quickly, in a fast-paced environment while manage multiple tasks simultaneously both effectively and accurately. Positions are located in Guilford, CT, Jenkintown, PA and Portland, OR.
- The Analyst role has a steep learning curve with the expectations that Analysts will understand the complexity of Sightline’s newest offering, the Return on Physical Asset (ROPA) model. We grow as a company when our employees embrace this learning culture and continue to move our thinking forward.
- Fast-paced: Sightlines annually updates its database of more than 450 colleges and universities annually so as part of the team Analysts must be accurate as well as efficient to help ensure we deliver the most qualified data to our members.
- Each Analyst will be responsible for multiple projects concurrently and the ability to multi-task effectively requires exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
- Manage Data collection including discovery meetings with clients and campus walk-throughs as well collection of operational benchmarks for multiple members
- Data Entry and Analysis of collected data
- Work with Project Leads and Service Managers to create and fine tune presentations
- Assist in the delivery of presentations to members
Why is this a rewarding position?
- Ownership of Projects: Analysts are the data lead on each of their projects. By working with the project from start to finish, you have the opportunity to learn and develop professional from the first day we walk on campus to the final deliverable to the President or Board of Trustees.
-Collaborative Environment: Sightlines is a dynamic place where we collaborate about ideas to solve problems, improve our products, learn from each out and enhance our office environment.
- Professional Development opportunities: Like any good investor, Sightlines is dedicated to growing the value of our best asset: our employees. We have a clearly designed ladder for growth in the Analyst track and are committed to rewarding quality work. Our company culture is to encourage learning and will provide regular feedback to promote growth.
What is a typical day as an Analyst? Every day is different!
- Analysts travel about 40%
- Campus visits vary from discovery meetings with clients to campus walk-throughs, to presentation delivery to campus leadership
- Office responsibilities include processing and analyzing data
- Communicating with campus representatives, and our team, to understand the campus and its data
- What story do the numbers tell? What campus problems can the data help to solve?
- Developing presentations to communicate the campus story, suggest strategic plans and participate in Sightline’s recommendations
Qualifications & Requirements - A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Analytical skills – the ability to have numbers “tell a story”
- Proven success working in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to travel up to 40%
- Sightlines is unable to provide OPT sponsorship for this job
Gordian is the world’s leading provider of construction cost data, software and services for all phases of the construction lifecycle. From planning to design, procurement, construction and operations, Gordian delivers groundbreaking solutions to contractors, architects, engineers, educational institution stakeholders, facility owners and managers in the local, state and federal government, education, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, legal, retail and other industries. With our proprietary data, along with our RSMeans and Sightlines data, we offer the largest collection of labor, material and equipment data and associated costs in the world with over 275,000 construction tasks with costs for all areas of construction. Gordian also offers the most widely used construction procurement information management software available anywhere and cutting-edge facilities intelligence and life cycle costing software to assess initial installed costs versus long-term facility costs and improve long-term asset performance. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, HSA, and a 401(k) retirement plan. EOE M/F