Assistant Men's Tennis Coach
The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications for assistant men’s tennis coach. The University of Iowa is a NCAA Division I Power Five institution and a member of the Big Ten Conference. The Department of Athletics manages 24 varsity sports programs and operates under a “Win. Graduate. Do It Right.” philosophy.
The successful candidate will assist the Head Coach in the management and coaching of a NCAA Division I men’s tennis program. This includes, but is not limited to, assisting with operations management (e.g., program development, schedule, travel coordination, budget, equipment, camps, marketing, public relations, fund raising), recruiting (domestic and international), planning team practices, overseeing and planning strength training and conditioning activities, conducting individual workouts, and other duties as assigned. This position requires frequent travel, work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays, a valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards.
Qualifications & Requirements Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required for the qualifications listed below (working and extensive). For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and at a later step in the recruitment process, additional references may be requested.
• Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent)
• Demonstrated experience (minimum of 2 years) tennis coaching and/or playing experience at the NCAA Division I level
• Extensive knowledge and the ability to a) competitively challenge elite players on a Division I team, b) work constructively and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds
• A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience coaching male tennis student athletes at an elite level and/or NCAA Division I level.
• Demonstrated experience traveling abroad with proven ability to successfully recruit international student-athletes who meet rigorous academic standards and elite NCAA Division I athletic standards.
• Demonstrated experience recruiting top domestic talent.
• Working knowledge and the ability to successfully use Playsight (or equivalent – please specify) during dual match, tournament play, individual and team practices.
Terms of Employment: This is a 100% time position at a competitive salary with full University of Iowa benefits.
Application Procedure: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #71091. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is a Big Ten, nationally ranked research university with 30,000 students located in Iowa City. A vibrant community boasting excellent public schools, safe, comfortable neighborhoods, affordable housing, a highly educated population, and numerous cultural, recreational and sporting opportunities and events contribute to the Iowa City area frequently appearing high on the best-places-to-live listings. Go to https://jobs.uiowa.edu/why_ui/index.php to learn more about “Why Iowa?”
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.