Job Title: Junior Web Developer - University Relations
Azusa, CA United States
Junior Web Developer - University Relations
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent experience.
* One year to two years in front-end web development.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Use standards-based HTML and CSS to implement and maintain content.
* Build HTML email templates, testing compatibility with multiple email clients, and prepare files for review and delivery through third-party vendors or web-based email marketing tool.
* Work with marketing, editorial, and design staff to obtain, clarify, and implement project specifications for web content.
* Work closely with web development staff to accomplish shared team responsibilities; maintain consistency of site code, structure, and content; and brainstorm solutions to technological business challenges that impact the university website.
* Stay current with trends and best practices in web technology that inform recommendations and day-to-day implementation decisions in order to improve the user's experience with APU's online presence.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description