Job Title: Donor Relations Coordinator - Office of Advancement
Azusa, CA United States
Donor Relations Coordinator - Office of Advancement
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Donor Relations teamís primary goal is to inform, educate and recognize our donors on the impact of their philanthropy at APU. Under the leadership of the Director of Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Coordinator, a multi-faceted position, exists to support and enhance the vision and mission of the Donor Relations team to provide meaningful stewardship and recognition activities. The Donor Relations Coordinator will provide administrative oversight and support for endowed and restricted scholarships, ongoing donor stewardship, and other donor relations initiatives.
* Bachelorís degree or equivalent experience
* One to three years of experience in similar or related field
Endowed and Restricted Scholarships:
* Develop an in-depth understanding of all the endowed and restricted scholarships that APU currently has, how they are distributed, and who are the donors and key stakeholders
* Collaborate with financial aid departments on all matters relating to the scholarship program, including financial awarding, scholarship account balance and donor communication
* Annually report to scholarship administrators their balance available for award for all restricted scholarships
* Keep the database for all the scholarships accounts based on best practices
* Ensure proper checks and balances are followed for donor intent and data management
* Serve as the liaison with scholarship administrators that are responsible for scholarship spending to ensure accurate awarding and stewardship for our donors
* Work with Advancement Services to ensure that the acknowledgment process is accurate, timely and meaningful through regular updates to the donation receipts and impact buckslip inserts
* Research and answer questions related to current status of scholarship funds
Marketing, Creation and Promotion
* Work closely with financial services to implement new scholarship management software preparing all scholarship endowment information and scholarship application creation alongside individual scholarship administrators
* Serve as project lead alongside front line fundraisers, the Business Office, Financial Aid and other pertinent departments on the creation of new scholarships (endowed or restricted)
* Help to write scholarship gift criteria forms and route them for approval
* Work with Advancement Services and the Business Office to set up new restricted scholarships and endowments in Raiserís Edge
Donor Relations and Stewardship:
* Generate annual endowment financial reports sent to donors in October
* Work closely with Director of Donor Relations in the production of annual custom donor impact reports sent to donors in May
* Setup process to request student thank you letters for all student scholars across campus
* Manage student workers in the process of editing student thank you letters for use in all stewardship marketing collateral
* Manage the impact weekly email in partnership with Annual Giving that goes out to any donors who give online
* Work closely with the Director of Donor Relations to manage the ongoing connection between scholarship donors and recipients, including annual spring donor event and any private scholarship luncheons throughout the year
* Provide support at donor events and functions as requested
* High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
* Have or quickly gain proficiency in programs such as Raiserís Edge, Academic Works, Google Forms, Word, and Asana.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description