Job Title: Time & Labor/Payroll Business Analyst - Business Office
Azusa, CA United States
Time & Labor/Payroll Business Analyst - Business Office
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Time and Labor/Payroll Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the ADP PayForce payroll system and Kronos Time and Labor system for the University. This position will be the point of contact for answering questions, training and assisting University personnel with troubleshooting issues for entering time. This person will support the internal payroll department for troubleshooting issues including self-service, accessing the system, security, employee set up etc. This position reports to the Business Systems Manager and will provide support to various project initiatives within the Business Office.
* Bachelor of Science in HR, Business, or equivalent experience.
* 3 to 5 years of payroll and timekeeping experience utilizing ADP PayForce and Kronos timekeeping systems.
* 1 to 3 years working in a higher education institution or not-for-profit organization.
* Experience working with comprehensive electronic spreadsheets and problem solving.
* Experience in documenting and training staff on business processes, preferably relating to timekeeping and payroll functions.
* Experience in performing leadership functions on a team, including mentoring of team members and dissemination of pertinent information to the team.
* Experience in assessing and identifying audit risks and conducting internal audits for timekeeping reviews.
* Supporting a high volume of end users (faculty, staff and student workers) and semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll dept support.
* Answering questions including troubleshooting, training, set up and general information related to timekeeping and payroll for University personnel.
* Administering and updating the business processes for a fully-automated web-based time and labor system.
* Collaboration with Kronos, ADP and PeopleSoft technical support for issue resolution and system enhancements.
* Performs impact analysis on upgrades, enhancements and changes to ADP and Kronos systems.
* Research and develop resources/tools and develop and provide training and other informational sessions to support faculty, staff and student workers with Kronos and ADP hands-on knowledge.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Advanced proficiency with Kronos and ADP.
* Proficiency with PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.