Administrative Manager - IMT Engineering (S701)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The IMT Engineering department has adopted an agile team-based organizational structure. Your goal, as the Engineering Administrative Manager is to help supervising managers, technical leads, and the IT Product Manager keep the team environment healthy. You do this by partnering with the management team to develop innovative methods for professional development, scheduling, employee accountability, event planning, and communication.
As an expert in team theory and group dynamics, you are passionate about finding new ways to keep engineers motivated and successful in their career growth. You do this right from the start, partnering with hiring managers and acting as a liaison with HR recruiters to find talent that matches our DevOps culture and help train and acclimate new employees. You also partner with IT managers to increase retention by creatively contributing to a healthy work environment. You participate on engineering practice teams which advance disciplines such as teamwork.
You will not do this alone, but will be joining the IMT Engineering Management team who work in complementary fashion to serve and lead our staff to success for the mission of APU. The IMT Engineering team is an agile development and operations unit with about 21 professionals responsible for the lifecycle development and support of core technology infrastructure and integration middleware for the University.
* Bachelor's degree in Business (management, organizational development, marketing), or other related areas.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience working on professional teams from a team care and leadership perspective, within an agile technical environment preferred.
* Minimum 2 years management or leadership experience preferred, especially within a non-profit ministry environment.
* Strong track record effectively working with teams, experience developing and mentoring employees through engagement.
* High energy and positive with excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Experience with collaboration tools that promote teamwork, and strong personal use of team-publishing and communication vehicles (e.g. wiki, social networks, team chat etc.).
* Ability to speak in front of large groups required.
* Proven ability to take initiative and build genuine and productive relationships.
* Experience in a fast paced environment, especially with cross functional product/service focused teams.
* Experience working with recruiting tools and systems, including applicant tracking systems and sourcing tools.
* Marketing experience a plus.
* Solid understanding of technical talent acquisition and its relationship to team effectiveness required.
* Effective problem solving, cross group collaboration and discernment skills required.
* Highly organized and demonstrated ability to deliver results on multiple tasks without compromising quality or deadlines.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.