Job Title: Program Coordinator, Doctoral Program - Dept of Higher Ed
Azusa, CA United States
Program Coordinator, Doctoral Program - Dept of Higher Ed
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associateís, bachelorís, masterís, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of Americaís Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This person is responsible for coordinating the logistics for the Ph.D. in Higher Education, a program that operates two intensive residencies per year on campus in early January and mid-July. Responsibilities include maintaining the budget for the Ph.D. program, maintenance of all databases and websites, scheduling and programming logistics, and providing assistance to the chair of Doctoral Higher Education in scheduling travel, conferences, and program logistics.
* Bachelorís degree preferred.
* Three years of administrative experience.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assist program advisors in responding to student needs.
* Coordinate all program logistics, including all doctoral program courses and activities, conferences, dissertation presentations, and on-campus research conferences for the doctoral programs in Higher Education.
* Monitor the budget for the Ph.D. program and all doctoral faculty research accounts on a monthly basis.
* Reconcile credit cards and expense reimbursement.
* Assist with responses to other departments and vendors.
* Analyze budget reports and resolve discrepancies.
* Apprise the department chair of budget status on a regular basis.
* Attend regular staff and Department meetings and maintain accurate meeting minutes.
* Coordinate the research assistantships, dissertation fellowships, student workers, and other stipends and research support for faculty.
* Supervise the student workers within the department.
* Assist doctoral students in finalizing all dissertation processes for graduation, including printing the dissertation and coordinating the binding and distribution process.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties related to job description as directed by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications & Requirements Please see job description