The Web Content Coordinator role is an opportunity for a creative, organized, and brilliant web writer, editor, and content producer to help us take our website to the next level. You will be part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and rapidly growing digital team as we relaunch our website and build a new digital strategy.
As Web Content Coordinator, you will bring the stories of our work, our teams, and the people we serve to our digital audiences in order to raise awareness and funds, drive vital advocacy goals, and recruit staff for our field projects.
The Web Content Coordinator works closely with the Editorial and Marketing Teams to publish, edit, write, track, and update web content using a web content management system (CMS). On any given day you might be formatting first-person stories from staff and patients or medical explainers for the web, routing and fulfilling web content requests from across the organization, or copy editing a page about our emergency response in Syria or Bangladesh to ensure adherence to the MSF digital style guide.
The Web Content Coordinator tracks all web content to ensure it remains accurate and up-to-date, and makes recommendations for edits and revisions as relevant. The Web Content Coordinator will collaborate on web content with teams across MSF-USA including the medical unit, and will be integral to the execution of the MSF digital strategy.
• Using content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress, enters, publishes, and tracks web content across doctorswithoutborders.org and additional mini-sites
• Assists in production of digital editions of MSF print publications, including the quarterly magazine Alert and the Annual Report
• Ensures that all web content adheres to digital style guide, web content accessibility guidelines, and best practice for search engine optimization (SEO)
• Actively tracks all web content to ensure it remains up-to-date
• Proactively makes recommendations for web content as appropriate based on new developments
or opportunities from the field
• Contributes ideas to enhance engagement and help web content to better meet strategic objectives
• Assesses and implements web content requests from across the organization, routes changes for approval
• Audits website content to ensure pages are optimized and up-to-date
• Searches multimedia database for compelling and appropriate photographs and videos, formats
multimedia content for web, and uploads to websites
• Supports and maintains web content processes and workflow
• Builds interactive features based on existing content using third-party interactive tools such as TimelineJS and Google Maps
• Coordinates with subject matter experts from across the organization to ensure accuracy and currency of web content
• With guidance from Deputy Editor and Web Manager, drafts and edits web content
• Audits and configures on-page SEO with current and future tools
• Implements A/B tests on content, imagery, and landing pages on the website
• Analyzes web performance data and provides inputs to reports
• Participates in team meetings, staff meetings, relevant email lists, and other internal learning opportunities
Qualifications & Requirements Required
• At least two years of relevant experience working with a web content management system. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in writing for the web
• Strong attention to detail
• Superb organizational and analytical skills
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• Experience working with a style manual and ensuring that content adheres to house style
• Proactive, with a proven ability to work independently and prioritize projects effectively
• A team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work across teams on projects with multiple stakeholders
• A strong eye for photography, video, and design
• Commitment to MSF’s values and mission Preferred
• Experience working with Drupal CMS
• Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
• Experience with Google Analytics and/or other similar web reporting tools
• Prior experience with a website migration and/or web content audit
• Professional experience at a nonprofit or media company
• Experience with Photoshop, especially optimizing assets for web
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style
• Knowledge of web accessibility standards
• Familiarity with cloud-based collaboration tools
High 50s to Low 60s (salary commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
12, March 2018
How to Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Attn: Web Content Coordinator” by application deadline: February 23, 2018. Submission without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.