Food Service Worker
The Food Service Worker exists to serve meals, nourishments and snacks to the patients of the Saint Peter Regional Treatment Center and perform the necessary food service duties so that regulatory standards are maintained.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble meals so that each patient receives the correct diet; food is portioned accurately and meals looks appealing.
- Cleans and sanitizes all dishes, eating utensils, serving utensils, pots, and pans following protocols. Once dishes are sanitized and allowed to air dry, then will be placed in proper storage area.
- Assemble continental breakfast, snacks and nourishments.
- Maintains cleaning and sanitation so as to meet Minnesota Food Code Regulations.
- Performs other food service related tasks as assigned by supervisor so that all dietary responsibilities are accomplished as appropriate.
Qualifications & Requirements - Working knowledge of materials and methods used in preparing food and the use of cooking utensils and large scale food service equipment. Some knowledge of food values, nutrition and food safety/infection control.
- Ability to read, write, speak English and perform basic mathematical calculations. • Ability to communicate with others in a teamwork environment. Ability to stand for up to 8 hours and work in a fast paced kitchen.