Government and Policy, Legal, Collegiate Faculty, Staff, Administration
System Compliance Officer
The University of Nebraska invites applications for the position of System Compliance Officer in the Office of the Vice President for Business and Finance | CFO.
Position: The Office of the Vice President for Business and Finance at the University of Nebraska is seeking a high-energy, experienced, compliance professional to join our team. This position is responsible for the development and ongoing coordination of processes, procedures, and systems to organize compliance administration for the University of Nebraska. Specific emphasis will be placed on compliance with certain laws related to discrimination and harassment, but this position will be assigned to other compliance areas as well.
This position reports directly to the Vice President for Business and Finance | CFO, but works closely with the University of Nebraska’s Office of General Counsel to ensure the University campuses and community is complying with all federal, state, and local laws; Board of Regents Bylaws and Policies; and other rules, regulations, policies and procedures; including, specifically: Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Title IX, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, and conflict of interest reporting.
This position is located in the University’s system administration office located in Lincoln, NE. Final job title and compensation will be based on experience. A full job description is available at https://nebraska.edu/prospective-employees.html.
- - -
Application Procedure: Apply for the position at https://careers.nebraska.edu. Review of application materials has begun and will continue until the position is filled. If you need an accommodation in order to apply, please contact 402-472-3701.
The University of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Qualifications & Requirements Required Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree
• 5 years of experience in developing and implementing policies intended to comply with federal and state laws, and with rules, regulations, and other legal requirements; responding to state and federal compliance reviews;
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and equity;
• Demonstrated experience with complaint, appeal and resolution processes
• Must have the necessary ability, knowledge, or skill to assist the university in complying with and/or the delivery and administration of the Americans with Disabilities Act/Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and reasonable accommodation decisions; Title IX and/or Sexual Misconduct Awareness and Prevention; Affirmative Action Plans and AA/EEO; and Title VI and Title VII.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to be impartial and project impartiality and establish rapport with a diverse range of the University community.
• Experience as a Compliance Officer for a large corporate entity
• Experience working in a higher education environment
One University. Four Campuses. One Nebraska.
A land-grant flagship campus. An academic medical center. A metropolitan campus serving our urban citizens. And a campus focused on undergraduates. Collectively, these four unique institutions are known as the University of Nebraska. Each institution has distinct strengths, giving the University of Nebraska a scope of expertise that is hard to equal.