Sr. Vice President, General Counsel
In Santa Clara, CA or Plano, TX
Reporting to CEO Chris Young, the General Counsel will function as a critical strategic advisor and oversee all legal functions of the Company. They will manage a global team of 40+ attorneys and staff.
The General Counsel will serve as a strategic member of the senior executive team. They will provide advice and guidance on a wide variety of issues, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions, IP strategy, corporate governance, compliance, employment and litigation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* In active partnership with McAfee’s executive team, Board and investors, spearhead strategic planning and execution on all corporate legal activities, including advising on corporate governance, regulatory affairs, corporate transactions, strategic initiatives, commercial transactions, counseling on IP strategy, and other legal matters including compliance & risk, litigation, business entity structures and employment and labor law.
* Actively advise on McAfee’s large-scale partnerships, strategic alliances and mergers and acquisitions, including involvement with deal-structuring efforts
* Develop trust-based, collaborative relationships with McAfee’s executive team, BOD, cross-functional leaders, our investment partners as well as employees at all levels
* As the hands-on leader within a high-growth, fast-paced environment, build, lead and motivate a nimble, top-performing global organization
Qualifications & Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
* JD and top academic credentials.
* 15+ plus years of relevant experience, including direct experience serving as a General Counsel or Deputy GC of a global technology company
* A track record of building or re-shaping high-performing corporate legal teams of at least 25. People leadership experiences should include hiring, performance-managing, career development and motivating your global teams to perform at their highest levels
* Hands on experience with mergers and acquisitions, strategic partnerships and alliances, strategic initiatives, commercial transactions and intellectual property strategy required. A background in pre and post IPO securities compliance will be highly valued as will involvement with employment law, global corporate compliance and litigation
* History providing strategic, proactive, sound advice in the context of business and people objectives
* Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills combined with gravitas and personality to engage across all level of the organization while operating in a fast moving, high-growth environment
* Impeccable managerial, interpersonal and written communications skills enabling you to be influential at all levels, combined with a strong desire and ability to collaborate and form relationships. Must be comfortable providing strategic advice to executive peers, the BOD and our investors.
* The ideal candidate is strategically adept, action oriented, hands-on from start to finish and plays-to-win
* High integrity, excellent judgement — you’ll have access to sensitive information and must treat it appropriately; this person should remember always that they represent McAfee and our investor partners.
* Highly collaborative — you recognize the value of bringing people along and forming long-term, symbiotic relationships.
* Self-aware — you aren't complacent when it comes to personal growth; you’re receptive to feedback and eager to grow despite one's seniority
* Sense of ownership — you have a mentality of “the buck stops with me” and always ask “what did I contribute to this situation?”
* Innovative, transformational — you’re unafraid to explore new ways of impacting the organization