Development Associate, Annual Giving
Description: The Development Associate assists and supports the Annual Giving team. Under the guidance of the Associate Director of Annual Giving, the Development Associate will work as needed with donor solicitation, correspondence, and communication with all individual membership groups (Association, Ovation Society, and Juilliard Club).
Only those candidates with development experience, performance arts knowledge and a cover letter specific to this position will be considered.
• Assists the Associate Director in managing and growing the Juilliard Association and Juilliard Club; handles all related mailings/emails, including monthly renewal notices, strategic upgrade/acquisition campaigns, acknowledgments, and other correspondence as needed
• Drafts and processes acknowledgement letters for all other general contributions (under $5k)
• Serves as the primary email/phone customer service representative for the Juilliard Patrons’ Desk; fields all inquiries and processes VIP ticket requests for Board of Trustees, Council, major donors, and members
• Assists box office and development operations with pulling reports, maintaining database, and activating members
• Assists with the planning and execution of all membership events
• Manages the Juilliard Club Steering Committee; works with Special Events to plan and execute all Club events
• Works with Public Affairs on the production of the printed fall and spring Juilliard Calendar and its mailing to members and other constituents, ensuring proper representation of all development and membership information
• Maintains membership events on the website performance calendar and membership information page
• Develops and executes the monthly member e-news and various marketing projects
• Oversees the semi-annual donor listing
• Manages the quantities and organization of Development collateral
• Answers telephone calls for the Development office, assisting with general inquiries and directing calls where appropriate
• Helps with all other Development related duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements Qualifications:
• B.A. degree
• Two to three years’ experience in the Development Office of a performing arts or educational institution
• Aptitude for and ease with the technical side of a ticketing software platform
• Ability to work some evenings and occasional weekends
• Excellent writing, analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Highly organized, motivated, collaborative, creative, and deadline oriented
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database
• Interest in and knowledge of the performing arts
• Understanding and appreciation of the performing arts
Founded in 1905, The Juilliard School is a world leader in performing arts education. Juilliard’s mission is to provide the highest caliber of artistic education for gifted musicians, dancers, and actors from around the world so that they may achieve their fullest potential as artists, leaders, and global citizens.
Located at Lincoln Center in New York City, Juilliard offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in dance, drama (acting and playwriting), and music (classical, jazz, historical performance, and vocal arts). Currently more than 800 artists from 40 states and 38 countries are enrolled at Juilliard, where they appear in more than 700 annual performances in the school’s five theaters; at Lincoln Center’s Alice Tully and David Geffen halls and at Carnegie Hall; as well as other venues around New York City, the country, and the world.
Beyond its New York campus, Juilliard is defining new directions in global performing arts education for a range of learners and enthusiasts through The Tianjin Juilliard School and K-12 educational curricula.