Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Appalachian Mountain Club, America’s oldest serving conservation organization, is looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to work alongside the Communications and Marketing teams as we develop and execute key marketing and awareness strategies, plans, and tactics! In this role, you will play a key role in supporting the expansion of AMC’s presence and awareness around lodging and our adventure, leadership, and conservation programs, as well as helping us grow and engage our active member base.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Marketing and Media Relations, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will support AMC’s transition to a digital, data-driven marketing organization, as well as support the expansion of AMC with the goal of driving attendance as well as reaching new audiences.
The ideal candidate for this position is a dynamic and highly motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail, excellent writing and organizational skills and the ability to multitask. The role will focus on marketing operations, social media, email, paid media, and supporting the Marketing team on a variety of projects and campaigns. We are a growing and collaborating team that will offer lots of opportunities to develop your marketing knowledge at many different areas of marketing and communications.
This full-time, exempt position with excellent benefits is based at AMC’s headquarters in Boston, MA.
Earned Media (Social & Media):
- Support the implementation of AMC’s social media strategy including managing social media posts and responding to requests and customer service inquiries on AMC’s social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Create original social content as needed
- Perform ongoing tracking and reporting on social media’s impact on awareness, website traffic and brand awareness
- Manage AMC’s lodging and chapter social media sites as needed
- Support Media Relations in research and contact list curation for press outreach
- Content research and creation – finding the right videos, photos, articles for our outbound campaign efforts
- Building emails (resizing photos, adding text to images) – Photoshop experience a plus
- Manage our marketing campaign calendar and build out projects within our team project management system (Asana and Excel)
- Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests
- Support local site marketing
- Managing AMC Outdoors magazine ads including inventory and deadline delivery
Paid Media & Online Campaigns:
- Support paid media on google ad words/search, including management, updates, and ongoing metrics review
- Maintain AMC’s directories and external listings
- Help design email campaigns to drive awareness and a deeper connection with constituents, guests, participants, members, and donors
- Support the ideation and development of product launch campaigns, email campaigns, presentations, reports and analysis, and other types of marketing-related information, tactics, strategies, and analysis
Qualifications & Experience:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience with exposure in marketing (brand marketing, advertising, or digital marketing) or a related field
- Degree in marketing, communications, business or related field desired but not required
- Strong communication and time management skills with the ability to juggle priorities
- Strong attention to detail and adept at using numbers to drive decisions
- Excellent written verbal and communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills working with the public, vendors, partners, sponsors and staff
- Detail-oriented and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive self-starter, always considering, suggesting, and trying new ideas and approaches
- Proficient in social media tools and marketing automation
- Experience with digital marketing tools and graphic design, web design, CSS, and HTML a plus but not required.
To Apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter along with their resume. No phone calls, please.
The Appalachian Mountain Club has zero tolerance for child abuse or placing children in danger. AMC requires all employees who work in a program or facility which serves children, disabled persons or the elderly to have a criminal background record check performed on their name annually with employment contingent upon satisfactory results.
The AMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in the workplace. AMC encourages the involvement of all people in its mission and activities, through its membership, programs, policies and procedures. Our goal is to be a community that is comfortable, inviting and accessible for people of any age, gender, race, religion, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. Join us!