36836 - Licensed Practical Nurse
APPLICANTS MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A HIRING INCENTIVE OF UP TO $2,500!
This is a rotating shift position with some weekend and holiday shifts. The hours of work are generally 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Days of work and hours may vary depending on facility needs.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will provide direct, practical nursing services to civilly committed sex offenders.
• Providing direct nursing care including administering medications, treatment and other therapies as directed and by following applicable policies and procedures so clients receive the nursing care their condition warrants
• Performing related duties as assigned in areas such as admissions and discharge, data collection, and assisting the client in developing optimal independence in living and coping skills
• Lending assistance to the Registered Nurse in gathering data and in planning and implementing the nursing care plan and multi-disciplinary treatment programs of the clients
• Participating within a multidisciplinary team modeling respect, professional ethics and a spirit of collaboration while demonstrating strong communication skills through writing, non-verbal behaviors and speaking
• Maintaining knowledge of organizational policies and procedures and taking appropriate measures to ensure a safe and therapeutic environment in which clients receive quality professional services
• Serving as a positive role model to clients during the course of providing health services to demonstrate effective professional and personal behavior
Qualifications & Requirements Minimum Qualifications:
Must meet the following qualifications listed below:
• Graduation from an approved school of nursing
• Current licensure in Minnesota as a Practical Nurse
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) helps provide essential services to Minnesota's most vulnerable residents. Working with many others, including counties, tribes and non-profits, DHS helps ensure that Minnesota seniors, people with disabilities, children and others meet their basic needs and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
At DHS our goal is to meet people where they are at, and focus on outcomes to improve life situations, and to get people the help they need so they can reach their full potential.