The primary purpose of the Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund is to provide a deserving student financial assistance for college expenses. The scholarship is available to all students who meet the following requirements regardless of age, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
1) A completed application form
2) Documentation of acceptance or enrollment in an accredited college or university;
3) Two Letters of recommendation; one from a teacher and another from a counselor,community leader or other adult who is not a family member;
4) An official academic transcript; and
5) A 500 word essay (750 words max) which describes how the applicant exemplifies Jayda Dionne Parkerís characteristics of hard work, caring and service to others and determination to succeed. The essay must include a statement of a major hurdle which was overcome, a summary of how the applicant was changed by the experience, and an assertion of how overcoming adversity influenced the applicantís plans for the future. In preparing this essay, applicants are encouraged to visit www.jdpscholar.org to learn about Jayda Dionne Parkerís attributes and to include in their essay a specific statement of how their attributes exemplify Jaydaís character.
*Applications for 2019-2020 academic year are now available!
Dollar Amount: $1,000
Deadline(s): April 30, 2019
Scholarship/Grant Sponsor: Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund