The Thurgood Marshall College Fund (TMCF) is proud to offer financial assistance to outstanding students attending one of the publicly-supported Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Predominantly Black Institutions (PBIs) within the TMCF 47 member-school network.
- In 2019-2020 enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at one of TMCF’s 47 member-schools
- Open to all majors
- Current grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate outstanding financial need
- Demonstrated leadership ability through a variety of measures
- Be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident with a valid permanent resident card
Applicants must submit the following documents for consideration:
- 2019-2020 Student Aid Report (received from filing FAFSA)
- Most recent college transcript (unofficial or official)
- Recommendation letter from current school professor or faculty member (must be completed online by the recommender)
- Essay: Please respond to the following:
- Describe circumstances you wish the Scholarship Selection Committee to consider when evaluating your application.
- Describe examples of your leadership experience and share how you have significantly influenced others, helped resolve disputes or contributed to group efforts over time.
How to Apply
To apply, go to the scholarship's web site and create or log in to your TMCF Account. Once you have signed up or logged in, you can complete the TMCF All Around Scholarship application. This application will close on April 28, 2019 (11:59 PM EST).
Dollar Amount: $500
Deadline(s): April 28, 2019
Scholarship/Grant Sponsor: The Thurgood Marshall College Fund