I'd be a singer with an old school big band style with a style like talib or mos just singing...
I'd work with:
1. THE Mighty ROOTS or OUTKAST or Goodie Mob
2. DJ Chops(A producer who makes beats of off classical music, madd original and impressive) or Kanye, his visions r deep or Swizz Beats or Jazzy Pha or Timbaland
3. Common or Mos Def or d12 or **** roots or Prince.
Honorable Mention, Lil' Jon-Ashanti-Heather Headley- or anyone from my most slept on CD's list.
Screw sales, I wanna be original grow a fanbase like that and love the music. Good Music beats all else.
If I was a rapper, the people I work with would be....
1. Kanye West---I'm basically guaranteed a hit right here. It would have to be a laid back type song, like the track he on with Slum Village, "Selfish".
2. 50 Cent---Like him or hate him, he is biggest thing on the hip hop scene. And plus, a single with this guy would give me TONS of publicity. I know alot of yall don't like 50, but I'm trying to go triple platinum here...
3. Lil Jon---Although, he aint my fav, I would still turn to this guy for a club ****. He is a hot producer tho.
Anothers I would love to work with...
DJ Premier (LEGEND)
Tupac Shakur (well, if he was still living)
Well since I am Really about to be an up and coming singer the first person I would work with would be....
Kanye West: he's fire now and the industry and the audience listen to whatever he has to sy.
THe Neptunes: They've always been fresh to death and were the it producers before the whole Kanye West ****. DO you guys remeber earlier this year....
Then I would have to have a couple of songs and tracks written by Babyface and Prince. THey're both very talented writers and prodcers. No matter what decade they come out in, they're still gonna be hot.
Watch out for me in about a year or two...I'll bve going by my name Maniya(pronounced like Mariah)
If I was a singer..
R. Kelly.. (he'd just produce... cuz collabos w/ him aren't always moneymakers.. however, they do get remembered...)
for rap status?
twista or luda...
(I picked these guys because each of these traxx would be #1s based on the collab artist ALONE)
I don't want to be on a track w/ somone who will blow me out of the water!!! (but I want to be on a track w/ someone who will compliment my SKILLZ)
i would defintely be a sniger.
1. ok, guess i'm gonna be bandwagon, but Kanye West. He would be the producer, and it would be a back and forth type ish. Definitely an anthem for the fellas and the ladies. (the love song of the year)
2. I would work with a JustBlaze and Alicia Keys. She would provide the piano in the background, over a hot Just Blaze production. My features would be Jay-Z with his pause and go flow, with enough cockiness to shy away NY'S best male strippers. lol.
3. Gotta go dancehall/downsouth-see Move ya Body and Jook Gal has the same beat. I would sing off that and provide a little flowing in the mix. Feature Beyonce wit a little reggae, cuz Baby Boy was number one. My body has gotta be glistenin right to get the male base. But it will be hot. Mos Def.
(also runner up, to get the underground heads, i would collaborate with the Roots and Dilated peoples on some real ish. like spoken word type cuz i'm definitely into that)
and thatz me...
I would work with
1.Lloyd Banks & Young Buck on a track with Kanye producing the track
2.T.I.P & Lil John with Lil John producing the track
3.Cassidy & Fabolous I don't care who produces it It's gonna be str8 FIRE 8)