Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
All the SMART black students go to school in the MEAC... Posted on 05-25-2004
La

We have Howard, Hampton, A&T, FAMU, and a plethora of others... The SWAC on the other hand has Southerm, Grambling J-State, ASU, and a few others....only good school yall got academically is Tuskeegee. So...yall may produce a few athletes, but what successful and/or prestigious alum come outta the SWAC ??? And I DARE for somebody out the SWAC to say that they have the better students... hehehe...how is that for Smack Talk... 8)
  [Reply]
Page 9 of 14 First  < 1234567891011121314  >  Last
SuperFly replied on 07-26-2004 11:29PM [Reply]
NCboi07 wrote:
OK.....Well I attend a CIAA school which is Divison II so where some-what smaller then all the other HBCU's. So of course that means we don't get the same attention that a school like Howard would get, which is also a private school like my school. My point is that students at a school like Howard or Hampton or ect. doesn't mean that their smarter then students at other schools...Sh*t I graduated from with a 3.9, ran track and was the top black student of my class and get a full acd. scholarship, but u didnt see me run off to a school like Howard or even Duke for that matter. O ya'll I saw where A&T was one of the schools listed as having smarter students.. :? Na..ANYBODY can get up in that school (Yo Aggies dont get mad...I got mad luv for the school...I'm just telling it how I see it). Plus the school is the largest HBCU in NC, so yes they would have a wide selection of students. Also note, yes some schools make it easy to get in, but the real test is how long you last while your in.... :wink:
If we can lower our standards, and still be known for having smarter students, then guess what that means buddy... :wink:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
SuperFly replied on 07-27-2004 12:13AM [Reply]
NCboi07 wrote:
Carolina Cowboy wrote:
NCboi07 wrote:
OK.....Well I attend a CIAA school which is Divison II so where some-what smaller then all the other HBCU's. So of course that means we don't get the same attention that a school like Howard would get, which is also a private school like my school. My point is that students at a school like Howard or Hampton or ect. doesn't mean that their smarter then students at other schools...Sh*t I graduated from with a 3.9, ran track and was the top black student of my class and get a full acd. scholarship, but u didnt see me run off to a school like Howard or even Duke for that matter. O ya'll I saw where A&T was one of the schools listed as having smarter students.. :? Na..ANYBODY can get up in that school (Yo Aggies dont get mad...I got mad luv for the school...I'm just telling it how I see it). Plus the school is the largest HBCU in NC, so yes they would have a wide selection of students. Also note, yes some schools make it easy to get in, but the real test is how long you last while your in.... :wink:
If we can lower our standards, and still be known for having smarter students, then guess what that means buddy... :wink:
:lol: I knew that what I said was going to be taking the worng way. A&T has a wide selection of students.. they have hella smart kats and then you have niccas who are there just to be there..(THATS ALL SCHOOLS). Sh*t I even a know a kat whos going on his 7th year of undergrad at A&T. What makes A&T stand out is its size and their programs. But when your around my way, when a person says thier going to A&T, we dont automatically think this kat going to a college filled with people who are really smart. I'm not hate on A&T at all, I'm just tell you how most people view A&T in my parts. Some people would argue that Howard is better then A&T when it comes the acd....thats just the way SOME people view things.
That's because most people that visit down there aren't doing so on academic terms... :?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-27-2004 12:41AM [Reply]
Carolina Cowboy wrote:
NCboi07 wrote:
Carolina Cowboy wrote:
NCboi07 wrote:
OK.....Well I attend a CIAA school which is Divison II so where some-what smaller then all the other HBCU's. So of course that means we don't get the same attention that a school like Howard would get, which is also a private school like my school. My point is that students at a school like Howard or Hampton or ect. doesn't mean that their smarter then students at other schools...Sh*t I graduated from with a 3.9, ran track and was the top black student of my class and get a full acd. scholarship, but u didnt see me run off to a school like Howard or even Duke for that matter. O ya'll I saw where A&T was one of the schools listed as having smarter students.. :? Na..ANYBODY can get up in that school (Yo Aggies dont get mad...I got mad luv for the school...I'm just telling it how I see it). Plus the school is the largest HBCU in NC, so yes they would have a wide selection of students. Also note, yes some schools make it easy to get in, but the real test is how long you last while your in.... :wink:
If we can lower our standards, and still be known for having smarter students, then guess what that means buddy... :wink:
:lol: I knew that what I said was going to be taking the worng way. A&T has a wide selection of students.. they have hella smart kats and then you have niccas who are there just to be there..(THATS ALL SCHOOLS). Sh*t I even a know a kat whos going on his 7th year of undergrad at A&T. What makes A&T stand out is its size and their programs. But when your around my way, when a person says thier going to A&T, we dont automatically think this kat going to a college filled with people who are really smart. I'm not hate on A&T at all, I'm just tell you how most people view A&T in my parts. Some people would argue that Howard is better then A&T when it comes the acd....thats just the way SOME people view things.
That's because most people that visit down there aren't doing so on academic terms... :?
True....A&T has its many goods and bad...like all schools
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Pretty Kitty from landover hills, MD replied on 07-27-2004 08:23AM [Reply]

cupcake8503 wrote:
Pretty Kitty wrote:
cupcake8503 wrote:
Pretty Kitty wrote:
* $ MiLa $ * wrote:
We have Howard, Hampton, A&T, FAMU, and a plethora of others... The SWAC on the other hand has Southerm, Grambling J-State, ASU, and a few others....only good school yall got academically is Tuskeegee. So...yall may produce a few athletes, but what successful and/or prestigious alum come outta the SWAC ??? And I DARE for somebody out the SWAC to say that they have the better students... hehehe...how is that for Smack Talk... 8)
Wow, so im not smart b/c i go to Grambling. Like no place else has dummies :roll: Yeah, i guess i am stupid. Lets see, pulled off a 3.3 gpa, deans list, honor roll, Honor roll this past semester, and im an intern for the office of personnel mgmt. in the center for security and emergency actions. right in my field. but i guess we're all dumb :roll:
Where does it state that ya'll are dumb??? From what I read..it says that the MEAC has better students...not that everyone else is dumb :roll:
Well if we arent smart or on y'alls level as u really want to say, then what are we Gurl that ish your talkin is for the birds I know plenty of ppl who go to the MEAC schools who are summer jobless and i know some graduates who have no job at all. im just happy im in school and thats that
First of all I NEVER said anything about us being smarter. I didn't make the damn post. I was just asking a simple question because you assumed that she was calling everybody who wasn't in the MEAC dumb and I wanted to know where you got that from. So I don't know what "ish" i'm talkin. GET IT RIGHT BEFORE YOU START TALKIN OUT YA ****.... damn i love smack talk!
I know u didnt say anything about Meac schools being smarter which is why i was not talkin to u originally. U jumped n the post and started talkin Hush Child, Just hush :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Pretty Kitty from landover hills, MD replied on 07-27-2004 08:24AM [Reply]

NCboi07 wrote:
OK.....Well I attend a CIAA school which is Divison II so where some-what smaller then all the other HBCU's. So of course that means we don't get the same attention that a school like Howard would get, which is also a private school like my school. My point is that students at a school like Howard or Hampton or ect. doesn't mean that their smarter then students at other schools...Sh*t I graduated from with a 3.9, ran track and was the top black student of my class and get a full acd. scholarship, but u didnt see me run off to a school like Howard or even Duke for that matter. O ya'll I saw where A&T was one of the schools listed as having smarter students.. :? Na..ANYBODY can get up in that school (Yo Aggies dont get mad...I got mad luv for the school...I'm just telling it how I see it). Plus the school is the largest HBCU in NC, so yes they would have a wide selection of students. Also note, yes some schools make it easy to get in, but the real test is how long you last while your in.... :wink:
:idea: Purty Much summed it all up. While everybody is fightin over which school is better, to white ppl and even some black ppl, none of the HBCU's aint worth a shyt
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
M o o N i e from Hartford, CT replied on 07-27-2004 10:22AM [Reply]

that makes me feel good... im goin to howard yo i got accepted to NCAT.. anybody could get accepted there...i went to visit my boy and they were like, you qualify..
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-27-2004 11:08AM [Reply]
This student im'd me and was like I'm not applying to your school because they have high standards.. I'm going to apply to A&T, NSU, and VSU..places I know I'll get into. Hampton isn't that hard to get into either. Well atleast I don't think so...and I work close with the admissions office. Write a good essay and they'll give you a chance. I often tell folks that I give tours to that yes it may appear its easy to get into certain schools but after you get in you have to step up your game.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-27-2004 02:29PM [Reply]
^^^ Why my school got to be the example. And yeah it does seem like all the people from NC know each other.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
2001Pirate from Durham, NC replied on 07-27-2004 02:54PM [Reply]
Carolina Cowboy wrote:
Its one thing to get accepted into a school. Its a whole new ball game when the school comes to you. Even stupid people can get into Yale and Harvard. If you've got the money, rest assure they'll let your lil sorry **** in and at least give you a shot. But its not like schools don't be recruitin. Hell... Hampton wouldn't leave me the f**k alone. :roll: They blew up my phone, my mailbox was stuffed with crap, damn recruiter pulled me out of class. Its too many people from NC that go there though... not big enough that I'on see people that I'on wanna see... :?
Hampton did ALL THAT? :?: LOL, well I don't think that is usual at all. You must have been very exceptional though, I will give you that. Nonetheless, u say too many people from NC go ther? And you chose to go to North Carolina Ag & Tech? Most people at Hampton are from VA, MD, NJ, and NY, NC MIGHT be 5th. We do have a large alumni base though in NC, only state with our own region, but I know for a fact there are more from those other states than from NC.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-27-2004 03:11PM [Reply]
^^^ You have a point Highlander...How you gonna go to A&T talking bout you want to get away from NC folks?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 9 of 14 First  < 1234567891011121314  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > The Graveyard (2005)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!