Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Politics
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Obama vs Clinton Posted on 04-10-2007

phd1974
Lebanon, PA
Looking at the growing number of candidates for the Democratic nomination, it is clear to me that the race is really between Obama and Clinton. Everyone else is really shoved to the side. It would take a monumental downfall for these two to not be 1-2 in the running. In this case, it would lead voters to vote for the following for President: 1.) Be led by a woman 2.) Be led by a black man 3.) Vote Republican I still do not think America will want the country to be led by a woman. I do not mean to sound male chauvinistic or anything, but that is what I feel. And let's face it, women had the right to vote waaay before they let any black folk do it, man or woman. And then there's the Republican vote. The last 2 Republican Presidents led us to war, with the more recent one, seemingly not knowing what he is doing. So what will the average Joe (*I mean white America*) do when they have to make that choice? I would be very curious to see what the outcome would be, especially the traditional Democratic voting white male. As for the above mentioned person, I am reminded of a clip from Brewsters Millions when he told the People to vote None Of The Above.
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 9 First  < 123456789  >  Last
Sister Tamara from Davenport, IA replied on 09-25-2007 02:02AM [Reply]

PRAISE THE LORD!!! My vote goes to Obama. I don't believe a woman should be in control of our nation. A woman shouldn't have that much power over men. I like a lot of the things that Obama stands for. I understand that a lot of candidates are saying a lot of different things and we can all make good points for each and everyone of them. Politics is Politics, you're always going to have people saying one thing and doing something else once they get into office. Right now it's about the votes and they know it. Once they are in office they already have the votes and we just have to wait and see what are they going to do. I'm voting for Obama because out of all of the candidates and all of the issues, he is the best choice for ME!!! I can't speak for nobody else!!! Plus republican just aint in me!!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 11-29-2007 07:24PM [Reply]
I've seen a lot of posts saying that they should take all the troops out of Iraq, and I'm all for that. But for the U.S. to withdraw completely this far in the war would probably be catastrophic for the Middle Eastern nation. The U.S. 'helped' to overthrow a President and reinstate a democratic government. Besides, to withdraw completely now, would mean 3 very bad things for the U.S. 1. Admitting that the war was unnecessary, and that it gave up more than 30,000 American soldiers lives (...and still counting). 2. Ending the 'state of emergency' that the U.S. is in, and therefore, 3. Ending the Patriot Act, which gives the U.S. the right to invade our privacy: (reading our mail, our e-mails, and listening to our phone conversations). So at this point, when voting, it's really just voting for the lesser of two evils. And I've seen what 'experience' can do. I'd rather just take a risk with Obama.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
iRep504 replied on 11-29-2007 07:41PM [Reply]
A woman of my own mind... Trust and believe the U.S. will find anyway to monitor and control its citizens and turn this"Land of the Free" into a the Land of the Fascist and Authoritarianism.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 11-29-2007 07:46PM [Reply]
iRep504 wrote:
A woman of my own mind... Trust and believe the U.S. will find anyway to monitor and control its citizens and turn this"Land of the Free" into a the Land of the Fascist and Authoritarianism.
Hey, does 1984 or Brave New World come to mind? It certainly does for me...
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-01-2007 06:50PM [Reply]
"Obama, ..The First BLACK President of the United States of America. " How does that sound to the Black people in this Forum? Yes, I think he would make a great president. I agree with "iRep504". He DOES have a great plan for higher education and public transportation and insurance policy and many other things.... But, (ignorantly but honestly speaking). He's light skinned. Do we really want OUR first Black president to be light skinned? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being light skinned. I'm just saying light skinned isn't "Authentic". Most light skinned people arent 100% Black, and niether is Barock Obama. So does he really deserve the title of being our first Black president? It's only give white people something to say. I hope you know what I mean. Example: I live in Des Moines Iowa. Obviously, there are a lot of white people here. Blacks take up less than 1% of the Iowa population. At my school, I'm in the Student Council. The President is Half white, Half Black. The white people at my school hate it. I was in the bathroom the other day and I overheard a conversation betwen two racist white girls talking about the Student Council president. Something that they said: "The only reason he's so smart is because his mother is a white woman, he's got his intelligence from the white said of his family". Of course that's not true. But that's how a lot of white people think. I fear that with Obama not being 100% Black that white America will look at him that same way. That's why I want a dark skinned, 100% percent, "**** headed", BLACK President.. representing **** ancestors on BOTH sides of his family. That's the kind of president I want going down in History. But I'm only 15 (can't vote yet)...So it's out of my hands. Does anyone agree though?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Average Joe replied on 12-02-2007 06:44PM [Reply]
e_ashworthkerry_e wrote:
"Obama, ..The First BLACK President of the United States of America. " How does that sound to the Black people in this Forum? Yes, I think he would make a great president. I agree with "iRep504". He DOES have a great plan for higher education and public transportation and insurance policy and many other things.... But, (ignorantly but honestly speaking). He's light skinned. Do we really want OUR first Black president to be light skinned? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being light skinned. I'm just saying light skinned isn't "Authentic". Most light skinned people arent 100% Black, and niether is Barock Obama. So does he really deserve the title of being our first Black president? It's only give white people something to say. I hope you know what I mean. Example: I live in Des Moines Iowa. Obviously, there are a lot of white people here. Blacks take up less than 1% of the Iowa population. At my school, I'm in the Student Council. The President is Half white, Half Black. The white people at my school hate it. I was in the bathroom the other day and I overheard a conversation betwen two racist white girls talking about the Student Council president. Something that they said: "The only reason he's so smart is because his mother is a white woman, he's got his intelligence from the white said of his family". Of course that's not true. But that's how a lot of white people think. I fear that with Obama not being 100% Black that white America will look at him that same way. That's why I want a dark skinned, 100% percent, "**** headed", BLACK President.. representing **** ancestors on BOTH sides of his family. That's the kind of president I want going down in History. But I'm only 15 (can't vote yet)...So it's out of my hands. Does anyone agree though?
I don't agree with you You can't be serious... Ok, first off I'm 15 years also but, I'm also a light skinned toned African American. It's really tough to read what you've posted because I grew up having been told by other "blacks" I'm not "black" enough(yet, both of my parents are black). It's odd that racism exist within the African American community yet, everyday Blacks as a whole our judged.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-02-2007 07:01PM [Reply]
Average Joe wrote:
I don't agree with you You can't be serious... Ok, first off I'm 15 years also but, I'm also a light skinned toned African American. It's really tough to read what you've posted because I grew up having been told by other "blacks" I'm not "black" enough(yet, both of my parents are black). It's odd that racism exist within the African American community yet, everyday Blacks as a whole our judged.
Sorry if I offended you. ***************************** You're probably not 100% Black, if you're light skinned. "Black" is African-American. Meaning that your REALLY African, ...just born in America. All black people are Africans, technically. The Africans that were put on **** boats, were NOT light skinned. Therefore, if your family reproduced among the same race (Black with Black)...you would be dark skinned. But you're not, so somewhere along the line. One of your family members reproduced with someone of another race (probably white). It could be one of your great grand parents...or farther ...or closer than that. Depending on how light you are. I don't thinks there's anything WRONG with being light skinned, I just don't think light skinned people are suited to represent the entire BLACK race. Especially as President of the United States. Sorry, but you're NOT Black enough. You're Black (no disrespect, no discrimination), just not Black ENOUGH. You can still be successful. There are just some things you have to accept in life.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Average Joe replied on 12-02-2007 07:35PM [Reply]
e_ashworthkerry_e wrote:
Sorry if I offended you. ***************************** You're probably not 100% Black, if you're light skinned. "Black" is African-American. Meaning that your REALLY African, ...just born in America. All black people are Africans, technically. The Africans that were put on **** boats, were NOT light skinned.
Not offended loled, at your response even though its "ignorant but honestly spoken" So if a black person is "technically" (according to you) an African-American will an "white" person who was born and raised in Africa be considered an African-American(if he/she came to America)?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
evy08 replied on 12-02-2007 07:50PM [Reply]
e_ashworthkerry_e wrote:
Sorry if I offended you. ***************************** You're probably not 100% Black, if you're light skinned. "Black" is African-American. Meaning that your REALLY African, ...just born in America. All black people are Africans, technically. The Africans that were put on **** boats, were NOT light skinned. Therefore, if your family reproduced among the same race (Black with Black)...you would be dark skinned. But you're not, so somewhere along the line. One of your family members reproduced with someone of another race (probably white). It could be one of your great grand parents...or farther ...or closer than that. Depending on how light you are. I don't thinks there's anything WRONG with being light skinned, I just don't think light skinned people are suited to represent the entire BLACK race. Especially as President of the United States. Sorry, but you're NOT Black enough. You're Black (no disrespect, no discrimination), just not Black ENOUGH. You can still be successful. There are just some things you have to accept in life.
Anyway....... Truth be told, there's a good chance that you aren't "100 percent African-American" yourself. Although many AA's refer to themselves as being all black, whatever that's supposed to mean, most have a mixed heritage. This may include any race be it white, asian, native american, etc. If you trace your history back far enough you'd be surprised to see who's blood you have coursing through your veins. If you decide not to vote for someone I pray that it's for a reason other than their "blackness" or lack there of. If you're going to try to debate whether Obama would make a good leader or not, you could have at least brought up some valid view points or issues
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-02-2007 08:09PM [Reply]
Average Joe wrote:
Not offended loled, at your response even though its "ignorant but honestly spoken" So if a black person is "technically" (according to you) an African-American will an "white" person who was born and raised in Africa be considered an African-American(if he/she came to America)?
Lol... Well, it's kind of complicated. Because even though they're born in Africa ...their ancestors most definitely aren't African. Which makes them not completely White, but still not Black at all. If your asking if they could run for President of the U.S? Hell no. If you're asking what they should be considered in America? A White-Africican-American ... Any more questions?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 9 First  < 123456789  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Politics
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!