Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Politics
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Obama vs Clinton Posted on 04-10-2007

phd1974
Lebanon, PA
Looking at the growing number of candidates for the Democratic nomination, it is clear to me that the race is really between Obama and Clinton. Everyone else is really shoved to the side. It would take a monumental downfall for these two to not be 1-2 in the running. In this case, it would lead voters to vote for the following for President: 1.) Be led by a woman 2.) Be led by a black man 3.) Vote Republican I still do not think America will want the country to be led by a woman. I do not mean to sound male chauvinistic or anything, but that is what I feel. And let's face it, women had the right to vote waaay before they let any black folk do it, man or woman. And then there's the Republican vote. The last 2 Republican Presidents led us to war, with the more recent one, seemingly not knowing what he is doing. So what will the average Joe (*I mean white America*) do when they have to make that choice? I would be very curious to see what the outcome would be, especially the traditional Democratic voting white male. As for the above mentioned person, I am reminded of a clip from Brewsters Millions when he told the People to vote None Of The Above.
  [Reply]
Page 6 of 9 First  < 123456789  >  Last
replied on 12-15-2007 10:42PM [Reply]
Nah, I go for the newbie Obama. I want to see what he brings to the table.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Jamaican Shawty replied on 12-15-2007 10:45PM [Reply]
i*heart*pie wrote:
Nah, I go for the newbie Obama. I want to see what he brings to the table.
I would like to see too but just not now but I would at the same time fear for him because even though we would like to think racism is over it is still very much prevalent along with the hate that tags along with it. So he would have to be extra precautious because of those haters out there.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-17-2007 03:22PM [Reply]
I fear for him too, but honestly, if he didn't know the dangers that approach him one as a future Chief of State as well as a an African-American Chief of State, then he wouldn't have run for Presidency. So, at this point, Mr. Obama is either REALLY brave or REALLY delusional. Jamaican Shawty, I'm confused; why would China change its ongoing currency, from the yen to euro?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Jamaican Shawty replied on 12-17-2007 05:33PM [Reply]
i*heart*pie wrote:
I fear for him too, but honestly, if he didn't know the dangers that approach him one as a future Chief of State as well as a an African-American Chief of State, then he wouldn't have run for Presidency. So, at this point, Mr. Obama is either REALLY brave or REALLY delusional. Jamaican Shawty, I'm confused; why would China change its ongoing currency, from the yen to euro?
Its due to them trying to make their exchange system "more flexible" because with their exports they arent making much money with us who are their main consumers due to the fact we sell their products for cheap prices where in which they do not benefit from it too much. So if they changed to Euros which is more than the U.S dollar they would profit more and the debt we owe them will cost way more. Its kinda complicated but one thing is for sure if they do change into Euros we are in trouble.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
SuperFly replied on 12-17-2007 08:22PM [Reply]
I'm a Republican. I can't vote for the Democratic candidacy. *grin*
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-17-2007 08:52PM [Reply]
SuperFly, are you white?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-17-2007 09:04PM [Reply]
SincerelyKerri wrote:
"Obama, ..The First BLACK President of the United States of America. " How does that sound to the Black people in this Forum? Yes, I think he would make a great president. I agree with "iRep504". He DOES have a great plan for higher education and public transportation and insurance policy and many other things.... But, (ignorantly but honestly speaking). He's light skinned. Do we really want OUR first Black president to be light skinned? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with being light skinned. I'm just saying light skinned isn't "Authentic". Most light skinned people arent 100% Black, and niether is Barock Obama. So does he really deserve the title of being our first Black president? It's only give white people something to say. I hope you know what I mean. Example: I live in Des Moines Iowa. Obviously, there are a lot of white people here. Blacks take up less than 1% of the Iowa population. At my school, I'm in the Student Council. The President is Half white, Half Black. The white people at my school hate it. I was in the bathroom the other day and I overheard a conversation betwen two racist white girls talking about the Student Council president. Something that they said: "The only reason he's so smart is because his mother is a white woman, he's got his intelligence from the white said of his family". Of course that's not true. But that's how a lot of white people think. I fear that with Obama not being 100% Black that white America will look at him that same way. That's why I want a dark skinned, 100% percent, "**** headed", BLACK President.. representing **** ancestors on BOTH sides of his family. That's the kind of president I want going down in History. But I'm only 15 (can't vote yet)...So it's out of my hands. Does anyone agree though?
Does ANYONE agree?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-17-2007 09:06PM [Reply]
SincerelyKerri wrote:
Sorry if I offended you. ***************************** You're probably not 100% Black, if you're light skinned. "Black" is African-American. Meaning that your REALLY African, ...just born in America. All black people are Africans, technically. The Africans that were put on **** boats, were NOT light skinned. Therefore, if your family reproduced among the same race (Black with Black)...you would be dark skinned. But you're not, so somewhere along the line. One of your family members reproduced with someone of another race (probably white). It could be one of your great grand parents...or farther ...or closer than that. Depending on how light you are. I don't thinks there's anything WRONG with being light skinned, I just don't think light skinned people are suited to represent the entire BLACK race. Especially as President of the United States. Sorry, but you're NOT Black enough. You're Black (no disrespect, no discrimination), just not Black ENOUGH. You can still be successful. There are just some things you have to accept in life.
Does anyone agree here?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-18-2007 10:04PM [Reply]
I don't agree. I think it's quite silly to base someone's "Blackness" on something as simple as skin complexion. Now that I think on it, no one would be "Black" then as far as that goes because NO African-American is "Black". The darkest in that complex is dark brown. And as far as White America, not excluding their politicians, consider Mr. Obama as African-American as they come. And his name...Barack Obama...come on! Oh and being light-skinned has nothing to do with having white ancestry. Most of mi familia are light-skinned, the darkest in our family is my complexion; light brown--and we are West African, East Indian, and Native South American. No white (no offense to any white users here).
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 12-18-2007 10:23PM [Reply]
SuperFly wrote:
I'm a Republican. I can't vote for the Democratic candidacy. *grin*
Just curious, what made you consider the Republican Party?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 6 of 9 First  < 123456789  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Politics
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!