Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Is It Okay To Ask..... Posted on 02-28-2008
AFROmentality

If you are familiar with some of the individuals in the particular frat/soror that you are interested in, and you are wondering when and if they will hold a spring informational anytime soon, should you outright ask? Or wait until you see flyers?
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
C Nels replied on 03-02-2008 01:27AM [Reply]
Etakappa4 wrote:
O....My bad bruh....
It's all good, no hard feelings...especially since ya'll helped us to a 24-2 season. Ending it in dramatic fashion with an overtime victory on your home court last Saturday. It was close but a 2 point victory is still a victory! But look on the bright side, the loss doesn't count against your conference standings....this time. Claflin University Panthers will be taking over the SIAC next year! No more provisional membership!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
smc112 replied on 04-10-2008 11:14PM [Reply]
I'm sure you've seen the flyers or not by now in April, but anyway the best thing you should have done was just wait for the flyers. 9 times out of 10, that was what one of the members of the org was going to tell you, "Look out for our flyers."
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AFROmentality replied on 04-11-2008 01:44AM [Reply]
No I have not seen any fliers yet, however the org. is having an "XYZ WEEK" so maybe soon? I don't know. I'm thinking of waiting for another semester anyways.... but you never know.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 04-11-2008 07:36AM [Reply]
If they're having "XYZ Week" 9 times out of 10 that means the process is over for that semester and there will probably be a Neophyte Showcase during that time. So I guess you gotta wait until next semester. ~shrugs shoulders~ Your better bet is to go ahead and inquire with a brother in the organization since you may be left out of the loop again.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
smc112 replied on 04-11-2008 11:43AM [Reply]
C_Nels wrote:
Your better bet is to go ahead and inquire with a brother in the organization since you may be left out of the loop again.
I think Afromentality is a girl. I'm not sure though.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 04-11-2008 11:47AM [Reply]
smc112 wrote:
I think Afromentality is a girl. I'm not sure though.
lol Nah, he's a he. We've conversed before.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
smc112 replied on 04-11-2008 11:52AM [Reply]
AFROmentality wrote:
No I have not seen any fliers yet, however the org. is having an "XYZ WEEK" so maybe soon? I don't know. I'm thinking of waiting for another semester anyways.... but you never know.
If you haven't seen any fliers by April, they aren't having a interest meeting or a line. Interest meetings are normally held no later than February, most times if they are having a Spring line they have rush in February. Anyway, it varies from school to school. You might need to just be ready in the Fall for the interest meeting and rush. You don't necessarily have to ask a member of that org, if they are having a interest meeting or rush in the Fall. Sometimes people on campus might know that type of info because some of the members of the org leak the information to their friends and their friends tell others. So if you know of someone that you trust that is interested in the same org you are, see if they have heard the scoop on what that org is going to do in the Fall. I know at most HBCU's people on the yard tend to know what a org is going to do for the Fall or Spring because they are friends with someone in the org. Just make sure you can trust the person you are inquiring the info from.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 04-11-2008 12:01PM [Reply]
smc112 wrote:
If you haven't seen any fliers by April, they aren't having a interest meeting or a line. Interest meetings are normally held no later than February, most times if they are having a Spring line they have rush in February. Anyway, it varies from school to school. You might need to just be ready in the Fall for the interest meeting and rush. You don't necessarily have to ask a member of that org, if they are having a interest meeting or rush in the Fall. Sometimes people on campus might know that type of info because some of the members of the org leak the information to their friends and their friends tell others. So if you know of someone that you trust that is interested in the same org you are, see if they have heard the scoop on what that org is going to do in the Fall. I know at most HBCU's people on the yard tend to know what a org is going to do for the Fall or Spring because they are friends with someone in the org. Just make sure you can trust the person you are inquiring the info from.
Ehhh, sometimes only asking campus officials may not be the best choice. Speaking in regards to Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Dates of intake are posted on the National website and have to be submitted to the Director of Student Affairs (or whoever your campus liaison is) before each semester. Simply because the campus official has those dates on hand, doesn't mean that the chapter will have intake that semester. It's just stating that IF we have intake, it's going on during this time. Listening to "gossip folks" won't help you either. Just go to the most legitimate source you know of...a chapter member...if you really want to know.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
smc112 replied on 04-11-2008 12:11PM [Reply]
C_Nels wrote:
Ehhh, sometimes only asking campus officials may not be the best choice. Speaking in regards to Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. Dates of intake are posted on the National website and have to be submitted to the Director of Student Affairs (or whoever your campus liaison is) before each semester. Simply because the campus official has those dates on hand, doesn't mean that the chapter will have intake that semester. It's just stating that IF we have intake, it's going on during this time. Listening to "gossip folks" won't help you either. Just go to the most legitimate source you know of...a chapter member...if you really want to know.
Yeah, you might be right about that because some of the people might go back and tell their friends, that are in the org, that you were inquiring about them. LOL
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AFROmentality replied on 04-11-2008 06:17PM [Reply]
awww I'm so . I guess I either missed this intake, or they dont have a line. Either way I'm getting my myself together so that I will be a prime canidate next year. I think waiting and getting a little more community service under my belt as well as a stronger recommendation letter would prove more advantageous. Thank you guys for all your help and yes i am a SHE.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!