Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Tha Graveyard(2004)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
African-Americans in Afrikah Posted on 06-25-2004
cafe-aulait

What do you think would happen if all African-americans were to go back to Africa? How would we do? What would happen? Do u think this would have a positive effect on us as a race? How well do you think you would make this transition? What would be left of America?? Hmmmm... I wonder :?
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 5 First  < 12345  >  Last
NeoSoulBrotha from Rosedale, MD replied on 06-26-2004 12:43AM [Reply]

Theoretically, since Africa is the richest region in the world in terms of natural resources and raw materials, there is the potential for rapid growth in the event that African-Americans did in fact migrate back. Right now, most of these nations are seeing limited benefits however because the businesses that use those resources are foreign-owned. I believe that Africa is the next land of growth in the world economy. A growing and well-educated workforce is already present, and the means of production are already in place to some extent. This is the same model by which South Asian countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, and China have built thriving economies that rival any in the West. For example, look at Bahrain, in the Middle East. This small nation is centered around production of natural resources, mainly ****. As a result, the population actually has a standard of living and per-capita income HIGHER than the United States. Their situation is similar to what modernized African nations such as Ghana and Nigeria are beginning to form. So if this ever was to happen, it could indeed be very successful. The bigger question is whether Americans will be willing to repatriate to Africa, and accept the risk and challenge that comes along with it. Holla!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-26-2004 12:49AM [Reply]
Onomatopoeian wrote:
i hate y'all with a passion that makes my blood boil
Are you referring to Africans or just trying to be funny ? You made valid points my SoulBrotha....but when I turn on the news and look outside my neighborhood, the answer might not be so difficult :idea:
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
NeoSoulBrotha from Rosedale, MD replied on 06-26-2004 01:14AM [Reply]

sowthwestplaya03 wrote:
Onomatopoeian wrote:
i hate y'all with a passion that makes my blood boil
Are you referring to Africans or just trying to be funnty ? You made valid points my SoulBrotha....but when I turn on the news and look outside my neighborhood, the answer might not be so difficult :idea:
I've gotta admit... you've got a point...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
EkWoah replied on 06-26-2004 01:32AM [Reply]
null
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
veron23 replied on 06-26-2004 02:55AM [Reply]
cafe-aulait wrote:
What do you think would happen if all African-americans were to go back to Africa? How would we do? What would happen? Do u think this would have a positive effect on us as a race? How well do you think you would make this transition? What would be left of America?? Hmmmm... I wonder :?
You all wont be welcome.So stay here and chill
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-26-2004 03:00AM [Reply]
^^^^^dang...why do you say that? Why wont african americans be welcomed?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
veron23 replied on 06-26-2004 03:08AM [Reply]
sowthwestplaya03 wrote:
^^^^^dang...why do you say that? Why wont african americans be welcomed?
Most of you cant survive in Africa
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 06-26-2004 03:19AM [Reply]
Why not?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
veron23 replied on 06-26-2004 03:36AM [Reply]
sowthwestplaya03 wrote:
Why not?
Because life is hard,very hard.If you think growing up in the hood is a challenge then you aint seen nothing yet.I have seen a few African Americans attempt moving but they always quit after a few months.In my honest opinion,you African Americans should give it a rest,you are not Africans,you will never be Africans.We are as different as day and night.You are all Americans it is better you guys keep it that way.But if you want to move to Africa i would be so very glad to switch positions with you.All you need to give me is your citizenship and i'll give you mine then you can go on your journey of "self discovery".
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AfroPoeticSista replied on 06-26-2004 11:48AM [Reply]
how would Blacks fare in Africa? one word: LIBERIA :? :? :?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 5 First  < 12345  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Tha Graveyard(2004)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!