Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
HOWARD FASHION Posted on 08-03-2004
SIMPLYDIVINE

Unlike the high school i just graduated from, staying on top of the fashion scene is very important @ Howard. i just went shopping for some back to school clothes, but im not even sure if i bought the right things ( i'm just worried about staying warm) ... am i stupid for worrying about this or is fashion a major priority for most people???
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
replied on 08-03-2004 11:54PM [Reply]
i can dress when i want but im more of a casual dresser.. i sometimes like to dress to impress, but not all the time, ya know. especially when it gets cold... who's gonna have time to be doin all that, but i might be surprised. cuz im tryna stay bundle up as much as possible.. lawd knows i hate the cold.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ManifestDSTiny33 replied on 08-04-2004 03:00AM [Reply]
SmH at MizMisha and Bigd1611.. y'all are sure to be a riot out there in them damn strips of clothe... Fashion is hecka important, but don't go out of your range or break your budget.. last year, the craze was cutting up vintage T-shirts.. that includs the little league shirt that still fit from 2nd grade.. so I mean... whatever is whatever... I'mma be cressed up because I need to be, but please believe that I will have 6 hoodies on-hand and a good assortment of flipflops... If you are so worried about HU fashion, then don't buy a lot of clothes b4 you go to school so that you can know what you are wearing... I wouldn't suggest buying a lot of clothes on the fact a lone that you will double your wardrobe while at HU...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 08-04-2004 06:54AM [Reply]

HU-Queen wrote:
lol to me you really shouldnt worry about it.....like to me Howard fashion is more about uniqueness and not about "oooo she has the latest gucci bag"...cause most students cant afford to do that anyways....ive seen Hu students, especially the fashion students, work wonders with some thrift shop wear....you just have to find your own individual style instead of buying what you think will look "in" on campus cause youll lose everytime....because the campus really doesnt have a set style, its all about expressing your individuality, whether its rocking jeans and a hoodie everyday or being a glam diva...
Queenie pretty much summed it up. It's all about doin u. At my old highschool, u were tight if u had all the big name brands, the latest tennis shoes, and the best designer purse. At HU...yeah...some folks get all la la about the big names...but the majority don't. It's about expressing your creativity and projecting your persona thru your wardrobe. I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda girl...so that's what i rock. Rock what u rock NOW. Don't go on a shoppin spree beforehand as an attempt to fit in. Do YOU :wink:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
M o o N i e from Hartford, CT replied on 08-04-2004 10:08AM [Reply]

yo, i know i am gonna be out there every day wit a white tee and some fresh kicks. i was actually gonna go get some clothes, so i guess i wont and ill wait till i get there
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 08-04-2004 04:14PM [Reply]
KenYaFeelMe? wrote:
HU-Queen wrote:
lol to me you really shouldnt worry about it.....like to me Howard fashion is more about uniqueness and not about "oooo she has the latest gucci bag"...cause most students cant afford to do that anyways....ive seen Hu students, especially the fashion students, work wonders with some thrift shop wear....you just have to find your own individual style instead of buying what you think will look "in" on campus cause youll lose everytime....because the campus really doesnt have a set style, its all about expressing your individuality, whether its rocking jeans and a hoodie everyday or being a glam diva...
Queenie pretty much summed it up. It's all about doin u. At my old highschool, u were tight if u had all the big name brands, the latest tennis shoes, and the best designer purse. At HU...yeah...some folks get all la la about the big names...but the majority don't. It's about expressing your creativity and projecting your persona thru your wardrobe. I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda girl...so that's what i rock. Rock what u rock NOW. Don't go on a shoppin spree beforehand as an attempt to fit in. Do YOU :wink:
thanks... yall be dropping some knowledge fa real...
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 08-05-2004 07:40AM [Reply]

SIMPLYDIVINE wrote:
KenYaFeelMe? wrote:
HU-Queen wrote:
lol to me you really shouldnt worry about it.....like to me Howard fashion is more about uniqueness and not about "oooo she has the latest gucci bag"...cause most students cant afford to do that anyways....ive seen Hu students, especially the fashion students, work wonders with some thrift shop wear....you just have to find your own individual style instead of buying what you think will look "in" on campus cause youll lose everytime....because the campus really doesnt have a set style, its all about expressing your individuality, whether its rocking jeans and a hoodie everyday or being a glam diva...
Queenie pretty much summed it up. It's all about doin u. At my old highschool, u were tight if u had all the big name brands, the latest tennis shoes, and the best designer purse. At HU...yeah...some folks get all la la about the big names...but the majority don't. It's about expressing your creativity and projecting your persona thru your wardrobe. I'm a tshirt and jeans kinda girl...so that's what i rock. Rock what u rock NOW. Don't go on a shoppin spree beforehand as an attempt to fit in. Do YOU :wink:
thanks... yall be dropping some knowledge fa real...
well yes...i do try...i do i do :wink:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
kappanup from washington, DC replied on 08-06-2004 02:21PM [Reply]

Well as a prominent member of the fashion department this year we will be starting the the fashion police show on WHUTV. Hopefully you wont end up on the segment so beware. Oh and yeah we will call you out if you have your 2 inch hair in a ponytail wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Afro-American replied on 08-06-2004 05:24PM [Reply]
kappanup wrote:
Well as a prominent member of the fashion department this year we will be starting the the fashion police show on WHUTV. Hopefully you wont end up on the segment so beware. Oh and yeah we will call you out if you have your 2 inch hair in a ponytail wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
welp imma be on that mug constantly since I dont give a damn about fashion lol....look out for me now, imma be a star.....oooo i could dress bad on purpose just so I can be a campus star like j-rock...hmmmm interesting...*searching in closet*
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 08-06-2004 05:59PM [Reply]

HU-Queen wrote:
kappanup wrote:
Well as a prominent member of the fashion department this year we will be starting the the fashion police show on WHUTV. Hopefully you wont end up on the segment so beware. Oh and yeah we will call you out if you have your 2 inch hair in a ponytail wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
welp imma be on that mug constantly since I dont give a damn about fashion lol....look out for me now, imma be a star.....oooo i could dress bad on purpose just so I can be a campus star like j-rock...hmmmm interesting...*searching in closet*
Dang...do peeps even watch WHUT-TV??? I don't know how much of a "star" you'll be with that one homie...but ummm...good luck to ya! Ha, and i'm mad at that j-rock reference. Homedude did make a rep for himself. "J-roooooooooooooooock! J-roooooooooooock!" How he did it? Lawd, if i know :? .
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ATLSweetThang from Atlanta, GA replied on 08-07-2004 12:17AM [Reply]

HU-Queen wrote:
kappanup wrote:
Well as a prominent member of the fashion department this year we will be starting the the fashion police show on WHUTV. Hopefully you wont end up on the segment so beware. Oh and yeah we will call you out if you have your 2 inch hair in a ponytail wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
welp imma be on that mug constantly since I dont give a damn about fashion lol....look out for me now, imma be a star.....oooo i could dress bad on purpose just so I can be a campus star like j-rock...hmmmm interesting...*searching in closet*
I'm with you Queen. All this lets see who can dress the best stuff seems just a tad bit high-school. I say if you're comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt, wear the hell out of it. I know I will.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 3 First  < 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!