Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
How difficult was it to get into Clark Atlanta Posted on 12-31-2004
Young Educated Brotha

Just wondering?
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 4 First  < 1234  >  Last
replied on 01-02-2005 08:01PM [Reply]
this is nutts that it took two pages of people who don't go to CAU actually responding...ah wellz, i'm here now CAU has it's requirements just like any school...it depends on your grades. You can't go off of the stats for how many get in because they don't define what terms they were admitted on. CAU has a program that kind of puts you on probabation if your grades/scores aren't up to par. They'll make you take sum special classes and watch to see if you can do collegiate work. If you have great scores and great grades then don't trip....you should be able to get into CAU. If ya ****aint quite right then don't stress to hard cuz you can usually get in on tha probationary program. I don't remember CAU requiring essays but if you want money you will have to write sum (and yes they do get read...i know this because my advisor is the one who reads them). Other important programs such as the Honors Program (holla at that freshmen...you'll need it...i'm in it...it's great!) also require essays....lots and lots of essays. As for the AUC experience...it's great. ATL is great. The best part about the AUC is the fact that you can have small class sizes but still have the feel of a large university. I don't to much fool with Spelman but I have a lotta buddies over at Morehouse and have often participated in some of their events (particularly open mic nights). ATL is a nice city and it's great that the AUC is located downtown so you can always juss go chill at the Underground if you get very bored or at 5points. There are also shuttles to the clubs (believe it or not) and plenty of flyers telling you about palces to go and things to do. Take advantage of life in a nice city like ATL...it has a lot to offer. U have any ?s u can hit me up on PMz or IMz or YIMz....HOLLA!
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 01-02-2005 08:50PM [Reply]
jaz wrote:
this is nutts that it took two pages of people who don't go to CAU actually responding...ah wellz, i'm here now CAU has it's requirements just like any school...it depends on your grades. You can't go off of the stats for how many get in because they don't define what terms they were admitted on. CAU has a program that kind of puts you on probabation if your grades/scores aren't up to par. They'll make you take sum special classes and watch to see if you can do collegiate work. If you have great scores and great grades then don't trip....you should be able to get into CAU. If ya ****aint quite right then don't stress to hard cuz you can usually get in on tha probationary program. I don't remember CAU requiring essays but if you want money you will have to write sum (and yes they do get read...i know this because my advisor is the one who reads them). Other important programs such as the Honors Program (holla at that freshmen...you'll need it...i'm in it...it's great!) also require essays....lots and lots of essays. As for the AUC experience...it's great. ATL is great. The best part about the AUC is the fact that you can have small class sizes but still have the feel of a large university. I don't to much fool with Spelman but I have a lotta buddies over at Morehouse and have often participated in some of their events (particularly open mic nights). ATL is a nice city and it's great that the AUC is located downtown so you can always juss go chill at the Underground if you get very bored or at 5points. There are also shuttles to the clubs (believe it or not) and plenty of flyers telling you about palces to go and things to do. Take advantage of life in a nice city like ATL...it has a lot to offer. U have any ?s u can hit me up on PMz or IMz or YIMz....HOLLA!
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! you're a really helpful person they should pay you!! i know you probably get alot of question and it's probably gettin on your nerves but you be on point with your replies. i'm from ATL so i know it's a wonderful city but you really helping a **** stay stable with all the admissions stuff.cuz ,personally, i been on the egde of my seat lately this acceptance letter cuz i been wanting since 8th grade and recently i been nervous. but you have been a REAL BIG help andtruly appreciate that.!!!!!!!
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Dec_Prettyboi from Atlanta, GA replied on 01-03-2005 04:21PM [Reply]

yo jaz, why dont MC and CAU honors program do enough together?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 01-03-2005 10:08PM [Reply]
I was wondering tha same thing about how hard is it to get into clark because I am sending off my app. this fall because I am a freshman at a J.C in dego but Im hopin ta go to either Clark or Spelman....I have friends at both schools and my home gurl told me it's not difficult to get into Clark but just make sure they don't loose your paper work like they did her... :cry:
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
truthBtold replied on 01-04-2005 07:03AM [Reply]
i have never known anyone who applied to clark and didnt get in. One of my friends didnt apply until june and got accepted.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 01-20-2005 01:41AM [Reply]
Quote:
yo jaz, why dont MC and CAU honors program do enough together?
morehouse invited hour HP to sum "Quiz Bowl" type thing as a social to promote togetherness. We felt that if we want to aim for unity then why would you put us in a setting where schools are against eachother?? I'm on the E-Board for HP and I have a meeting today so i'll get back to you about if we are still going to have a bowling party.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Snoop_Doop from Orlando, FL replied on 01-27-2005 02:57PM [Reply]

Do ya'll think it's a little bit easier on transfers??? I held up a good gpa in HS but I slipped a little last semester. I'm doing good this semester but I'm trying to send off these papers now and I don't have time to wait for midterm grades to come out to up my gpa.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 01-31-2005 02:03PM [Reply]
If ya grades n scores are right u should have no problem....even if they aren't, CAU still has other terms in which you can get admitted
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
CHiladelphia replied on 02-01-2005 07:55AM [Reply]
Hey Jaz (by the way we should call this fourm "ask Jaz about CAU") Why is there a difference in the paper and electronic applications i.e. the electronic one does not have the essay and teacher thingie. But i already filled out the electric one; do u think it would hurt my chances if i didnt have those two other things in ChrisN
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 02-03-2005 07:56PM [Reply]
CHiladelphia wrote:
Hey Jaz (by the way we should call this fourm "ask Jaz about CAU") Why is there a difference in the paper and electronic applications i.e. the electronic one does not have the essay and teacher thingie. But i already filled out the electric one; do u think it would hurt my chances if i didnt have those two other things in ChrisN
I know i'm not Jaz but............... i didn't do an essay or the teacher recommendations and i got my acceptance letter wednesday soooooo........ i would have ot say it doesnt hurt your chances.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 4 First  < 1234  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!