Home > Forums > Interest Groups > For The Ladies
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
What are the problems with the dudes at your school? Posted on 03-08-2005

R-Tistic
Los Angeles, CA
It seems like every girl I meet seems to say negative things about dudes from their school, and for those at Spelman, they seem to say negative things about dudes at Morehouse. So to you, what would you say are some of the problems overall about the dudes at your school?
  [Reply]
Page 3 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
replied on 03-17-2005 02:15AM [Reply]
I think I agree with the humble and confident idea. I think these days it matters less which school attend than it does the sort of impression you make at that school, and the things you carry away from your experiences there. My house is practically on Yale University's campus, and many of the students there will be quick to tell you that they go to the best school in the country. Then again, many of them also get hit by cars because they lack the common sense to look both ways when crossing the street. I suppose it's just a matter of opinion. What matters to me is that I enjoy my time at my school and get into medical school after I'm done. The way I see it, good grades at any decent school and good MCAT scores will get me into a good med school, and an MD from any accredited med school will get me a job, so the name on the shirt is less important. I'm at UCONN right now, and it's honestly not the school I really see myself graduating from, but I'm in good classes with good teachers. I know the question was for the ladies, but I just wanted to switch it up really quick and state that I really dislike the fact that all the ladies on this campus drink beer. I'm sorry, but I find that so disgusting. Just my two cents.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-17-2005 07:33PM [Reply]
Jazzy07 wrote:
Amen to that! If you gotta use the fact that you go/went to Morehouse (or any school for that fact) to get a job, internship, or anything out of life instead of WHO you are as a person, something is terribly wrong! And if you think that by letting people know where you went to school will get you an edge in life, I'll admit, it will work, SOMETIMES! But it doesn't last long and you are left falling back on your own behind so make sure you got enough things that represent who YOU are for some cushion so your **** won't hurt when you fall!
The according to your theory: If two men were up for a job interview, 4.0 GPA's, both President of their Student Gov'ts, community service up the ying-yang, they were exactly the same 'cept One guy is a Graduate of Harvard University The other guy is a graduate of Las Vegas Community College. Who do you think would most likely get the job? I mean, 2 + 2 = 4 at every school in the world, so the guy from a Community College would be JUST AS LIKELY as the Harvard Grad to get the job right? I mean, look at the Presidents their alma maters Bush Sr. - Yale Bush Jr. - Yale Clinton - Georgetown Carter - G. Tech .......but yer school doesn't matter right? I mean....the guy from Las Vegas Community College can be President too, right?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-17-2005 07:55PM [Reply]
Oh, and for the record, I don't see how Bush Jr. is a good example for your argument. Getting into Yale based solely on the name of your father and his, and barely skating through with a C average while being arrested nearly a dozen times and getting addicted to ****...... hmmm, that seems hardly meritworthy.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 03-18-2005 11:11AM [Reply]
The problem with the males at FAMU... > Disrespectful....They make inappropriate comments about your body parts in front of large groups of people and expect you to be flattered by it...unfortunately the problem is too many of these dumb girls around here are flattered by it...so they keep doing it. > Guys dont like to go out on dates anymore...or atleast in Tallahassee...all n*ggas wanna do is " chill " with you at your place... > Too many of them are way too country...to the point that they cant speak proper English cause everything they say is slurred and gramatically incorrect > Too many of them just wanna smoke, drink and fukk all the time. Thats cool and all but there is way more to life than just that...and if thats your only source of fun and entertainment...its just sad and pitiful >>>>
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
cafe-aulait replied on 03-18-2005 04:07PM [Reply]
Lady_ J wrote:
The problem with the males at FAMU... > Guys dont like to go out on dates anymore...or atleast in Tallahassee...all n*ggas wanna do is " chill " with you at your place... >>>>
Thats because they don't want to spend money... FAM got some broke ****. Im happy I got a boyfriend, because FAMU offers nothing in terms of respectable men. Its something wrong with these dudes!!!!!!!! :x I can't even help my girls out and hook them up and ish. I don't have anyone to recommend and I have always been the matchmaker, but not here. I don't want to be held responsible for anything that happens. :???: Then the few that are cool have big heads because they realize that they are a precious commodity (and realizing this is what makes them lose points). There is nothin like a dude who is unconsciously cute.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-18-2005 05:42PM [Reply]
JoshDill wrote:
Oh, and for the record, I don't see how Bush Jr. is a good example for your argument. Getting into Yale based solely on the name of your father and his, and barely skating through with a C average while being arrested nearly a dozen times and getting addicted to ****...... hmmm, that seems hardly meritworthy.
And yet he's the President of the most Powerfullest country in the world and was RE-ELECTED by the country. Obviously, other people think differently. Please, don't even give me that "C Average" crap, considering Martin Luther King did the exact same thing. His Daddy went to Morehouse, and in fact was Board of Trustee He Graduated with a C- average And that negro was KNOWN for steppin' out on Coretta.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ClassyWisdom08 replied on 03-18-2005 05:51PM [Reply]
Quit with all that ,pimptight. That has nothing to do with the topic. Just stop being a know-it-all ****.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-18-2005 05:52PM [Reply]
PimpTight™ wrote:
JoshDill wrote:
Oh, and for the record, I don't see how Bush Jr. is a good example for your argument. Getting into Yale based solely on the name of your father and his, and barely skating through with a C average while being arrested nearly a dozen times and getting addicted to ****...... hmmm, that seems hardly meritworthy.
And yet he's the President of the most Powerfullest Are you serious?country in the world and was RE-ELECTED by the country. Obviously, other people think differently. Please, don't even give me that "C Average" crap, considering Martin Luther King did the exact same thing.All you're doing is proving my point... I'm saying that resume stats weigh much less once you're out of the academic world. The people will vote into office whoever they think will do a better job, and and employer will hire whomever they feel is best suitable for the task. His Daddy went to Morehouse, and in fact was Board of Trustee He Graduated with a C- average And that negro was KNOWN for steppin' out on Coretta.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
AggieSweetie07 replied on 03-18-2005 08:51PM [Reply]
Their just IGNORANT!!!!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 03-18-2005 09:07PM [Reply]
AggieSweetie07 wrote:
Their just IGNORANT!!!!!
Awww, hey now, come on.... there's no need for all that.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 3 of 10 First  < 12345678910  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > For The Ladies
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!