Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Tha Graveyard(2004)
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
General Conversation (All Opinions invited) Posted on 05-03-2004
Wisdom_Tree
Texas City, TX
*sits in the lobby with everyone, looking around with a ball in his hand* Pretend you all were my best friends and I was dying in a hospital. Every day I feel the most excrutiating pain that I could popssibly ever go through, and you all see me sufferent day in and out. One day you come while the nurse is out and I ask, Please...Can you...pull the plug? Would you do it for me? Could you commit euthanasia on someone to end their suffering?
  [Reply]
Page 2 of 8 First  < 12345678  >  Last
In Rod We Trust replied on 05-03-2004 11:20PM [Reply]
Depends on how long u been in the hospital. If its more than 2 months I got u....
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ThatClassyGirl216 replied on 05-03-2004 11:20PM [Reply]
Even if I knew that there was a small chance of u surviving on ur own, I still wouldn't pull the plug, for all the reasons everyone else said. Miracles do happen, and I wouldn't feel right if I took away someone's chance for survival... but on the flip side, I would hate to see someone close to me suffer. I would feel guilty in that sense, I would feel as if I were being selfish...I don't know I pray I am never faced with making this tough situation...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree from Texas City, TX replied on 05-03-2004 11:21PM [Reply]
*::Sweetie::* wrote:
Of course i woulnd't want you to suffer...and it will pain me just watching you go through something so aweful....however i can honestly say that i would not pull the plug...moreso the fact that...its not my call...God will take you when HE wants you...so i would get down on my knees and pray like i've never prayed before...i would pray for your strength...your faith...and i would ask God to heal your body....but i could never **** you...betta believe that i would be with you day in and day out...right there by your side...wouldn't want you to go through it alone...
So in a nutshell, youd be there to watch me suffer? Watch my hair fall off me and my eyes turn black because the lack of oxygen to my brain makes me a quadriplegic and a mute. Watch me live the next 40 years of my life as a vegetable who can only feel pain...at least youre prayin for me
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 05-03-2004 11:21PM [Reply]
Responding to Tres...Yes...because either way I don't know if its meant for you to die. I could be altering destiny...if you would. I feel like people go through things for a reason. I saw my grandma suffer from cancer...still wouldn't pull the plug. If you want to take it to another level...my grandma was a wonderful person, but she did some serious stuff in her day that the family hasn't recovered from. I think it took that for her to finally understand what she had done before. Before she died she apologized.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree from Texas City, TX replied on 05-03-2004 11:23PM [Reply]
lol, thanks Rod...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 05-03-2004 11:23PM [Reply]
i would do whatever is best for you...i couldn't stand to see you in so much pain and i know that if i pull the plug that you will be in a much better state than your in now
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree from Texas City, TX replied on 05-03-2004 11:25PM [Reply]
MissC wrote:
Responding to Tres...Yes...because either way I don't know if its meant for you to die. I could be altering destiny...if you would. I feel like people go through things for a reason. I saw my grandma suffer from cancer...still wouldn't pull the plug. If you want to take it to another level...my grandma was a wonderful person, but she did some serious stuff in her day that the family hasn't recovered from. I think it took that for her to finally understand what she had done before. Before she died she apologized.
And what if it was me? What if it was meant for the plug to be pulled on me? People say that God never commands people to ****, but our preacher said that He told Abraham...no, Commanded him to **** his child. Im sure none of you would be commanded to **** me, but can you really say that suffering is His will? Could it be that its His will for you to pull my plug and you just dont see it because you dont want to? It could be your reason for being there in the first place...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
The Big Girl Sweetz replied on 05-03-2004 11:26PM [Reply]
Trizm Element wrote:
*::Sweetie::* wrote:
Of course i woulnd't want you to suffer...and it will pain me just watching you go through something so aweful....however i can honestly say that i would not pull the plug...moreso the fact that...its not my call...God will take you when HE wants you...so i would get down on my knees and pray like i've never prayed before...i would pray for your strength...your faith...and i would ask God to heal your body....but i could never **** you...betta believe that i would be with you day in and day out...right there by your side...wouldn't want you to go through it alone...
So in a nutshell, youd be there to watch me suffer? Watch my hair fall off me and my eyes turn black because the lack of oxygen to my brain makes me a quadriplegic and a mute. Watch me live the next 40 years of my life as a vegetable who can only feel pain...at least youre prayin for me
damn tres *crying* :cry: it would be called support...i would be there for you...its the fact that i'll be there...not the fact im watching you for my amusement or something...i'd be messed up my damself knowing you had to go through that....and most importantly...DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER....prayer is powerful wether you choose to believe that or not... but thanks for making me feel this small... :? thats not what i meant at all
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree from Texas City, TX replied on 05-03-2004 11:29PM [Reply]
*::Sweetie::* wrote:
Trizm Element wrote:
*::Sweetie::* wrote:
Of course i woulnd't want you to suffer...and it will pain me just watching you go through something so aweful....however i can honestly say that i would not pull the plug...moreso the fact that...its not my call...God will take you when HE wants you...so i would get down on my knees and pray like i've never prayed before...i would pray for your strength...your faith...and i would ask God to heal your body....but i could never **** you...betta believe that i would be with you day in and day out...right there by your side...wouldn't want you to go through it alone...
So in a nutshell, youd be there to watch me suffer? Watch my hair fall off me and my eyes turn black because the lack of oxygen to my brain makes me a quadriplegic and a mute. Watch me live the next 40 years of my life as a vegetable who can only feel pain...at least youre prayin for me
damn tres *crying* :cry: it would be called support...i would be there for you...its the fact that i'll be there...not the fact im watching you for my amusement or something...i'd be messed up my damself knowing you had to go through that....and most importantly...DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF PRAYER....prayer is powerful wether you choose to believe that or not... but thanks for making me feel this small... :? thats not what i meant at all
Dont get emotional, its just a topic. I dont think Ill be going through this anytime soon, Im just trying to see where everyones mind is at. *hugs you* dont feel bad though, I love you This Much see?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 05-03-2004 11:29PM [Reply]
Well if it were his will then I would need some confirmation (haven't been to church in a while, but Abraham either had a dream or God appeared before him..or something...it was a definite sign and if I'm correct Abraham still had problems doing it...i think..a little rusty on my bible). for it to be my will...sorry lord...but Imma need to see some serious stuff for me to understand it is my will to pull the plug. I couldn't be at peace with myself...so I would have put you out of ur misery and be stuck feelin like ****for the rest of my life. Unfortunately pain and suffering are apart of life. This is really one of those situations that you have to actually be there in the moment. But going off of just speaking in general...I'm holding to my NO. You would just have to wait for Rod or somebody to come.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 2 of 8 First  < 12345678  >  Last
Home > Forums > General Discussions > Tha Yard > Archives > Tha Graveyard(2004)
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!