Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations, Computers, Software, Finance/Economics, Financial Services, Hospitality/Tourism, Real Estate, Sales, Research & Development, Writing/Authoring, Energy / Utilities
The financial analyst is responsible for conducting and documenting hotel financial analyses, as well as researching and writing business development and property marketing documents. The financial analyst may also be involved in other special projects/initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct real estate analysis on a broad spectrum of hotel assets, including all segments of the industry (luxury, full-service, limited-service, economy, etc) throughout the United States and the Caribbean.
• Conduct investment analysis for hotel properties utilizing various approaches including Discounted Cash Flow, Direct Capitalization, Room Revenue Multiplier, and Sales Comparison.
• Produce well-written and persuasive Broker Opinion of Value/Proposal documents in conjunction with producers on the marketing team.
• Assist in the collection and review of due diligence materials from clients.
• Analyze hotel financial statements, third party reports, and related documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate would have an educational background from a four-year college or university preferably from an accredited hospitality program.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Real Estate License suggested (not required)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in written and verbal form to clients, both internal and external. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
Requires strong knowledge of hotel financial statements, as well as real estate valuation terms, concepts and principles.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex financial information and transactions. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Requires strong analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Knowledge of both hotel industry and real estate terminology. Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other products in the Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Strong organization skills. Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and self-motivated. Should be able to interact with demanding professionals in a high-energy environment.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Often responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may impact client relationships and cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.