Job Title: Minnesota Health Insurance Program Representative 2
St. Paul, MN United States
Minnesota Health Insurance Program Representative 2
** This posting is used to fill up to 32 temporary openings located in Brainerd **
The purpose of this position is to support and provide advanced assistance to consumers who are currently enrolled in health care programs through the MNsure State Health Marketplace utilizing First Call Resolution. The incumbent provides in-depth information related to how eligibility determinations are made by applying policies and guidelines that are unique to each program. The incumbent, working in a high volume and data/deadline driven environment with extensive client contact, must be able to research, analyze, and determine the appropriate and relevant assistance needed for each consumer call.
• Serve as the contact for consumers calling to report changes, requesting current eligibility information, and escalated calls from Tier I. Perform as a liaison for the consumer by obtaining information and communicating with multiple health care contact centers, counties, providers, etc. Provide primary contact assistance for in-person consumers with information and action on health care status.
• Serve as a liaison to other state agency sponsored call centers to assist them in effectively carrying out their responsibilities to callers when complex issues arise and when specialty assistance is needed from the other call centers. Provide information to other call center specialists, in-person assisters or navigators on policies and procedures of MinnesotaCare so that they are able to assist people in a consistent manner statewide.
• Review and evaluate applications and related documents; assemble and assess the reliability and completeness of documentation needed to make eligibility decisions.
• Maintain expert knowledge of changes and updates to policies, procedures, practices, forms, available resources and systems used in relationship to his/her job functions.
Qualifications & Requirements Minimum Qualifications
• Two (2) years of related experience administering, assisting, enrolling, and/or servicing health care programs and/or experience providing and resolving complex customer service issues to a diverse population.
• Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications, databases, as well as possessing data entry skills.
• Strong customer service skills and effective oral and written communication.
• Experience in Health Care with an emphasis on Minnesota Health Care Programs.
• Experience working effectively within a high volume, deadline-orientated, and accuracy-focused program.
• Experience working with extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience working within the new eligibility system as it relates to the Minnesota Health Care programs.
• Experience using state mainframe systems such as MAXIS, MMIS, and METS.
• Knowledge of Affordable Care Act.
• Ability to administer policies, procedures, and systems to discuss eligibility concerns or enrollment issues.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently with a strong work ethic and demonstrated record of regular attendance.
• Ability to interact and communicate with a diverse group of individuals.