Director, Business Partner
Join bluebird bio’s enthusiastic and collaborative team! We are leading the gene therapy revolution with integrated product platforms encompassing gene therapy, cancer immunotherapy and gene editing – providing us with the potential to treat, and hopefully cure, a broad range of serious diseases.
We’re the bluebird People + Culture team and we spend our days finding, developing and engaging a stellar group of scientists, accountants, program managers, regulatory experts and other flocking awesome birds. Our mission is to preserve and grow bluebird’s amazing culture! We do this by keeping our patients front of mind, hiring the best for the nest and creating solutions to take our people and teams from good to great. We are responsive but not reactive and truly care about the impact we make on the lives of others.
We’re looking for an experienced leadership-minded Business Partner to join our growing team. The best bird for the role looks like this:
You have a strong generalist background and strive to solve organizational challenges through people-focused solutions. You’ll be a champion of bluebird’s culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to help them reach their goals. Your day may start off coaching a leader, shift to resolving a people issue and end with developing a program that helps grow our teams. No matter what, you are exceptionally focused on putting people first, and being as clear and transparent as possible to help our teams be successful at bluebird. We seek a creative and influential thought leader who is able to balance the need to be a strategic partner with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude!
A strategic partner on the BP team collaborates with multiple areas of the business and provides thought leadership on organizational design and people-related strategy and execution. In this role you will identify, develop and deliver on initiatives to sustain overall org health and healthy cross functional team dynamics. A natural coach, you will guide and support managers on how to appropriately manage and resolve complex org and talent issues. Able to assess future organizational needs, you will drive broad scaling efforts for our function and the business.
Developing strong, trust-based relationships create the conditions for business teams to seek your guidance. A solid understanding of business goals and objectives will further your ability to provide scalable solutions. As a culture-builder, you will look for ways to align programs and objectives with our core values. You are motivated by being an employee champion and change agent. You are comfortable assessing and anticipating HR-related needs. Able to provide consultative support and guidance on implementation of people programs and initiatives. Communicating needs proactively with our HR team and business groups, you seek to develop integrated solutions. Your recommendations are further informed by an understanding of best practices, industry trends and approaches to experience, engagement and development building outside of bluebird.
Qualifications & Requirements Requirements:
• Trusted confidante who provides feedback and insight to help create a positive, engaging culture and environment.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to appropriately navigate multi-faceted and complex issues.
• Considers broad and long-range impact of decisions when responding to business needs.
• Anticipates and proactively manages key internal and external business challenges, offering several solutions with long term benefits.
• Looks at their work with a strategic, global and future oriented perspective.
• High leadership, management and self-awareness capabilities.
• When solving problems, gets to the root cause of any issue and designs and quickly implements solutions.
• Strong communicator and excellent influencer with ability to flex approach as needed to drive solutions.
• Provides expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development, and recognition.
• Identifies Learning needs for business units and ensures success of programs for individuals and teams.
• Strong partnership with HR teams (TA, Comp, Learning, etc.) drive support of overall people goals.
• Proactively suggests new alternatives to current HR practices to help build programs and processes that allow the company to scale.
• Strong project management skills desired.
• Genuine curiosity and strong desire to continuously learn, grow and develop others.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 12+ years of progressive HR experience in fast paced, dynamic and high growth environment.
Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio is leading the gene therapy revolution. We have nearly 15 years of scientific and clinical experience at the forefront of gene therapy, with deep expertise in rare diseases and immuno-oncology, a proven scientific and lentiviral-based manufacturing platform, and a complementary set of tools such as gene editing.
We are a patient- and purpose-driven, product-oriented organization. Our diverse flock of bluebirds is united by a singular focus: a passionate commitment to changing the lives of patients and supporting each other on this journey. At bluebird bio, we will work like crazy with a never-give-up, little-but-mighty attitude, as exemplified by our namesake, the Eastern Bluebird.
we are always innovating, never stopping and never giving up.